Summary: easy to follow plan of salvation with a sinners prayer at the end
Intro: the other day I came across a simple tract with 6 steps to accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior. It is so clear in it’s presentation that I wanted it included with my sermons on sermon central.
2. Repent--Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Luke 13:3- Repent, a turning away from sin, and a turning to Christ. Repent ye therefore and be converted, that your sins be blotted out. Acts 3:19 Sins forgiven, washed away by the blood of the Lamb of God.
3. Confess--If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
If you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus Christ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9
4. Forsake--let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts, and let him return unto the Lord.. for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:7
This is taking on a new life, and a new lifestyle.
5. Believe--For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life-John 3:16
He that believes and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believes not shall be damned. Mark 16:16
6. Receive--He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. John 1:11,12
Sinner’s Prayer: Lord Jesus, I believe you died for my sins and I ask for your forgiveness. I receive You now as my personal Saviour and invite You to manage my life from this day forward. Amen.