Summary: A prayer for a nation in a crisis and a need for all to gather together. By Pastor CG Lament. 3:21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
8 Fold Character of Jehovah
A prayer for a nation in a crisis and a need for all to gather together.
By Pastor CG
Lament. 3:21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
To help us meet the hardships of life, God has given us a family. All the believers of the world, and especially those around us, are our family. How much we enjoy this family is up to us.
We can take pleasure in sharing life with God’s children. We can enrich them with our love, our presence, our prayers, our labors, and the resources God has lent us. And we can be enriched by them.
Or we can isolate ourselves and impoverish both them and us.
The believers around you are one of God’s most precious gifts to you - and one of His dearest trusts. Value them. Enjoy them. They can make life fuller and sweeter.
Today as we gather to help each other in this time of crisis remember to look around you and do everything in Love.
The next time we’re sitting in church and have a few spare moments, look around you. See all the needs:
¨ To your right, a family numb from years of dealing with a delinquent son.
¨ behind you, an elderly man apparently about to lose his wife.
¨ to your left, a young person; you remember what those years were like.
¨ in front, the mother of two young children facing a painful divorce.
¨ and across the country, people have lost loved ones in such acts of terrorism, wars, riots and unthinkable mayhem.
Even in that peaceful sanctuary full of well dressed people, God has surrounded you with desperate human need. Use your spare moments to reach out to them in prayer. And as His Spirit whispers to you, be ready to help
them in Jesus’ name.
Lament. 3:22 It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
Eightfold character of Jehovah:
1. Merciful (Lament. 3:22,32)
3. Faithful (Lament. 3:23)
4. Good (Lament. 3:25)
5. Deliverer (Lament. 3:26)
6. Just and righteous (Lament. 3:31)
7. Longsuffering (Lament. 3:33)
Here the prophet spoke as the representative of all the suffering Israelites, pointing them to the character and good dealings of Jehovah
Lament. 3:23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
Lament. 3:24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
Lament. 3:25 The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
Lament. 3:26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
Ten things good for man:
1. Remembering sufferings of life (Lament. 3:19)
2. Letting them make him humble instead of bitter (Lament. 3:20)
3. Having hope in God (Lament. 3:21,24,26)
4. Waiting for God’s salvation (Lament. 3:25-26)
5. Seeking God (Lament. 3:25)
6. Bearing the yoke in youth (Lament. 3:27)
7. Silently submitting to the yoke (Lament. 3:28)
8. Lying prostrate before Jehovah (Lament. 3:29)
9. Refusing to retaliate (Lament. 3:30)
10. Lifting heart and hands to God in surrender and worship (Lament. 3:41)
Lament. 3:27 It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.
Lament. 3:28 He sitteth alone and keepeth silence, because he hath borne it upon him.
Lament. 3:29 He putteth his mouth in the dust; if so be there may be hope.
Lament. 3:30 He giveth his cheek to him that smiteth him: he is filled full with reproach.
Lament. 3:31 For the Lord will not cast off for ever:
Eight things God will not do:
1. Cast off forever, if men repent (Lament. 3:31).
2. Refuse to have compassion on those whom He chastens, if they turn to Him (Lament. 3:32).
3. Afflict and grieve men willingly (Lament. 3:33).
4. Mistreat prisoners of war (Lament. 3:34).
5. Deny men their rights (Lament. 3:35).
6. Approve injustice in any case (Lament. 3:36).
7. Make false predictions (Lament. 3:37).
8. Render both good and evil to any man (Lament. 3:38).
Lament. 3:32 But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies.
Lament. 3:33 For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.