Summary: jESUS HAS OVERCOME DEATH, HELL AND THE GRAVE.
“THE DEATH OF DEATH OR THE DAY DEATH DIED”
20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man,
the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. . .-25 For He must reign,
till He hath put all enemies under His feet. 26. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 1 Corinthians 15:20-22, 25-26 (NIV)
Illust: One day, a mother and her two children were in the park having a wonderful time. They were enjoying the outdoors until a Honey Bee
landed on little Brother and then stung him! He began to cry and scream like any child would as the wound on his arm became swollen.
The bee was still buzzing around, and his little sister was petrified. The mother comforted her daughter by saying, "Darling, wait a
minute." As she was wiping Brother's tears away, she said, "Look down here on your brother’s arm." Right in the middle of that
swelling was the bumblebee's stinger. "You see that, Sweetheart? That bee can buzz and fight you, but he can’t hurt you. You see, He
can only sting once and he has left his stinger in your brother."
A. While death is a decided fact, Death is also a defeated foe.
1. We are able to laugh in the face of Death if we know the Lord Jesus Christ. I want to tell you, friend,
2. Death may buzz around you and frighten you, but our elder brother, the Lord Jesus, bears that sting. Jesus took the sting out of Death, and He
has given us a hope that is steadfast and sure.
B. Jesus told Death that he couldn't keep Him.
1. You see – Jesus willingly and vicariously laid down His life.
2. The wages of sin is death, but Jesus was not a sinner and did not have to die.
3. Jesus willingly, voluntarily, vicariously laid down His life.
INTRODUCTION: I bring to you today undoubtedly the most unusual message you have heard. I am going to chronicle for you DEATH’S BIOGRAPHY in a message entitled “The Day Death Died!”
Now for you to fully understand what I am speaking about this morning, it will be necessary for you to use your imagination. I want to speak of death as though he were a person.
I. BIRTH AND EARLY YEARS.
A. We turn our attention to death’s birth.
1. I believe I can pinpoint the exact date of death’s birth! It was conceived in Adam and Eve’s temptation and birthed the moment they sinned.
Scripture records the birth: “...by one man (Adam) sin Entered into the world and death by sin.”
B. The parent of death is sin and the grandparent of death is Satan.
1. Again, scripture tells us that “...whosoever committeth sin is of the devil.” So, on the day that Adam fell to temptation and sinned, there was a
bouncing baby boy born into the household of the devil by the name of Death!
C. There once was a time before death’s birth that this old world was a pleasant place to live.
1. There were no thorns; no thistles. No pain; no travail. No labor.