Summary: Do you want to know how to practice prayer as a way of life?
A Call for Prayer
PROPOSITION: Because Christ practiced a dependency upon prayer, you must practice a life-long dependency on prayer.
I. Prayer must be practiced as a way to meet your needs! v. 13-15
A. Show your dependency on the Lord through personal prayer(13)!
1. Pray as you experience various trials.
2. Pray as you experience “peace of mind”
3. Pray with glad acceptance of the will of God.
B. Summon the spiritually mature to intercede on your behalf. (14-15)
1. Intercession during sickness with prayers (14a).
2. Intercession during sickness with anointing (14b).
3. Intercession during sickness brings forth the cure (15).
II. Prayer must be practiced as a way to meet others needs! v. 16-18
A. Christians pray for one another(16)!
1. Be sure you have a right relationship with your brother.
2. Be sure you have a right relationship with God.
B. Christians pray with a purpose (17-18)!
1. For God’s merciful healing for His people.
2. For God’s rich blessings on His church (the nation).