Summary: Which Players do we need on our team to win, "GOD’S SUPER BOWL?"
"A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM"
(1) These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
(2) As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
(3) And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
The question many people have on their mind tonight is, "Who’s going to win the Super bowl?" All season long pro-football teams have fought for this one-day, "THE SUPER BOWL." Many teams started out strong.
But ultimately it comes down to 2-teams. And like any other year, they’re will be only two teams in this year’s Super-Bowl. And they’re will be only two teams in God’s Super bowl. (Good & Evil)
In Pro-Football, one cannot be on two teams.You are either on one side or the other. (an AFC team or either an NFC team)And it is the same way with God.
Either you are a Christian, or you are not. In Pro-Football, it’s the Great Players that make their teams great! Tonight, I would like for us to look Eleven Players that should be on our first string team.
They’re at least Eleven Players we each need in order to bolster,"A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM."
The First Player we need on our team should be:
"A NEW BIRTH"
(5) Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
If we have not repented, and asked Christ to come into our lives as Savior, there’s isn’t any need in even taking the field. One must be born again in order to be eligible to play in this league! Having religion and coming to church won’t get you to heaven!
Nicodemus had religion.
Nicodemus took a special interest in things pertaining to Old Testament law and religion.
Nicodemus deep down inside, believed in Jesus
But he had not been born again! As Jesus said to Nicodemus, he also says to us, that we need a new start. We need, "A NEW BIRTH." Without the New Birth, everything else is pointless. We must have a "NEW BIRTH," if we wish to build a "CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM."
The second player you need to start on the team is;
2nd Peter 3:18
(18) But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
I have not been able to find where it says we are to SHRINK-IN-GRACE in the entire bible. Often you see many who tend to shrink instead of grow in Christ.
Pro-Football players that don’t progress soon digress.
In a nut-shell; We either grow or die.
A third player to acquire would be;
"A NEW DRESS"
(10) I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
If we intend to be taken seriously, we should look as though we are serious! When Christ comes in to our lives he can even help to change our dress code. Some need, "A NEW DRESS" on their team. Fellows, if you want another Great Player on your team, get yourself a "NEW DRESS." Fellows when I say, "A NEW DRESS," I’m not talking about one that often comes with panty hose and lipstick! But "A NEW DRESS" attire! "A Different Look!"
Number four would be;
"A RADIANT LIFE"
(16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
The best way to motivate others is through your example. Joe Montana was once quoted by Harris Barton as having said, “Hey look, that’s John Candy, the comedian up there!” That being said during a television timeout on the initial drive that lead them to the winning of the 1989 Super Bowl. Harris Barton was shocked of Montana’s confidence! Our light should be so to this world that others would say, "There’s no way he can lose," "He’s a winner;" "That man knows Jesus!" If you know Jesus, Glory-to-God, let everybody know it!
The fifth player chosen should be;
(24) Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Every Christian is in need of building his/her character. Character is not something you are born with, it is something you develop. Here’s a few definitions on Character that I found: