Summary: Bible Study on Faith
Title: A Christian is a Person of Faith
Text: I Tim 1:2 / I Tim 6:10-12 / II Tim 1:5
I Tim 6:10-12
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
II Tim 1:5
4 Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy;
5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.
- Next to Love, the greatest Quality that Christ will look for in all of us, is that of Faith.
- We Human beings can strive for many things while on this earth.
- Riches, Wealth, Popularity, Politics, Business etc.
- However, We must not forget, that we are in this world, but not of this world.
- We Must Strive to be a Spiritual Person. A Person of the Spirit.
- In order to accomplish such a thing, Faith must be activated, ingnited and implemented within your life, and within the church!!!!
1.In the Faith:
- 3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
- We must be unshakable in our determination to preserve the doctrines, practices, and lifestyle of the Church of the Living God.
- Its not ours to tamper with, for we are his Bride, this is his church.
- When we do this, we wont just save ourselves, but others also!!! I Tim 4:16
2. Works of Faith:
I Thes 1:3
2 We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers;
3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
- Paul has memories of the Church in Thesolonica. A Church well balanced in Faith, hope, and charity.
- Faith Will produce these works. READ James 2:14-20
- Faith caused people to Follow Christ.
- WORDS of Fiath, produce Walks of Fiath which produces Works of Faith.!.
- We must ask ourselves, Is my life worthy of being an example to somebody else. Would it be safe for someone to use me as an example??
- Our Faith Is Made know to others by our Works
- Our Love is Made know to others by our Giving
- Our Hope is exemplified by our Patience.
- Faith without works, is dead. James 2:18 READ
- Abraham was not content to here a command from God and just believe onit, however as hard as it was for him to do, he gathered the products needed for an alter ….
- James 2:19- Thou Believest that there is one God, thou doest well. The Devils also believe and tremble.
- We work at this thing, because we know that one day our pay day is coming.