Summary: We continue our "Red Letter Series" through the Gospel of Luke by looking at a day in the life of Jesus!
• Jesus had just talked with the disciples and the people that were gathered around Him about prioritizing God’s work.
• He had also explained the necessities of being good ground for the seeds of God’s Word to fall upon.
• He encouraged us to “Let our light shine” and then He went and lived what He had been communicating.
• We pick up today with the real life experience of Jesus calming the storm (Some are parables, others are real life experiences)
I. You Gotta Have Faith - Luke 8:25: And he said unto them, Where is your faith?
A. Jesus was exhausted from a hard days work and He gets into a ship and makes the declaration, “Let us go over unto the other side of the lake!”
1. We have the ability, by faith, to operate on a Word from the Lord!
2. Jesus didn’t say, “Let’s us try to go over…” Jesus said, “Let us go over unto the other side of the lake!”
B. Where is your faith?
1. Faith is the key that unlocks the door to heavenly manifestation!
2. Recap the Process of Faith:
a) Faith “Cometh” by hearing - Romans 10:17
b) Faith “Works” by love - Galatians 5:6
c) Faith is “Activated” by confession - Hebrews 4:14 (…hold fast our profession)
d) So… (1) Hear God’s Word, (2) Live a life of Love, and (3) Keep God’s Word Active in your life by confessing it daily!
II. TESTIFY - Living the Overcoming Life - Luke 8:39: Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee.
A. Even the demons tremble and submit at the feet of Jesus - Luke 8:28
1. Jesus casts the devils out of the man and they went into the swine. - Luke 8:33
2. The PRESENCE OF JESUS CHANGES EVERYTHING - John 8:35
B. Jesus commissioned him to testify in his city of the great things that God had done!
1. You never go wrong when you testify!
2. Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
III. DECLARE - Activate Your Faith - Luke 8:48: And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.
A. Who touched me? Luke 8:45
1. Many times we ask God to touch us but what about reaching out and touching Him instead?
B. Virtue is gone out of me… - Luke 8:46
1. This lady with the issue of blood went after her miracle.
C. Luke 8:48: And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.
1. Be of good comfort - No more more pain and misery…
2. Thy faith hath made the whole - This happened before Calvary. THERE IS GREAT POWER IN ACTIVATED FAITH!
3. Go in peace - The state of wholeness (nothing missing… nothing broken) ALL BECAUSE OF ACTIVATED FAITH!
• QUIT WAITING ON GOD TO DO FOR YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING FOR YOURSELF BY ACTIVATING YOUR FAITH! GO… GET… YOUR… MIRACLE!
IV. COMMAND - Working Faith - Luke 8:54 And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid, arise.
A. Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole.
1. God’s perspective if often different then ours! - Luke 8:52 Jesus said, she’s not dead… she’s sleeping!
2. When we believe we give God something to work with!
B. In 1919 Smith Wigglesworth preached a message called, “Dare to Believe, Then Command.”
1. In that message he addressed John 14:12-14 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
2. He addressed Romans 4:16 - “Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace.”
3. He finished the message in Mark 11:22-24 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.