Summary: If America rejects the Bible, it will no longer be great.
A FAMINE IN AMERICA
“Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:”
This famine is due to sin and it will be severe.
Two things must be pointed out about Amos.
1. He was fearless. (In not tickling their ear
but telling them the truth.)
2. He was faithful. (Thus saith the Lord was his
The Supreme Court has almost succeeded in banding the Bible from all public places.
I. A NATION WITHOUT THE BIBLE IS WITHOUT
A. SOMEONE MAY ASK, “WHAT IS THE TRUTH.”
B. THE SAVIOR SAYS, “THY WORD IS TRUTH.”
C. THE SCRIPTURE SAYS, “THE TRUTH SHALL SET
D. HOW SAD THAT TRUTH HAS FALLEN IN THE
1. Our courts have legalized murder.
2. Our churches are laxed on morality.
II. A NATION WITHOUT THE BIBLE IS WITHOUT A
A. WHAT WE BUILD UPON IS VERY IMPORTANT.
1. Some build upon the sands of religion.
2. We should build upon the Solid Rock.
B. “If that foundation be destroyed what will the
III. A NATION WITHOUT THE BIBLE IS WITHOUT
A. GOD WILL NOT FORGIVE THEM THAT REJECT
B. GOD WILL NOT FORGIVE THEM THAT REJECT