Summary: This is the first sermon in an 8 part sermon series on the vision of our church.
Mission- an operation that is assigned by a higher power
The Redeeming River Church is a family of believers committed to preaching the cross with conviction, reaching the lost with compassion, and equipping the saints with the Word!
Vision- The formation of a mental image of something that is not present to the senses.
The Word tells us in Proverbs 29:18 “Where there is no vision, the people perish”. Therefore, we know that where there is a God breathed vision the people have life. It is because of God’s specific plan for us that we can clearly see where we are going.
7 We Will Be’s
· We will be a life giving church whose waters flow from the River of God through all cultures and generations!
· We will be a life sustaining church where the heartbeat of God will keep our families spiritually healthy.
· We will be a life birthing church where new ministries are conceived, delivered, nurtured, and sent out.
· We will be a people of faith and expectancy who are not moved by what we see, but stand in the God who we know!
· We will be a people of devotion who are committed to the work of the Lord through the local church!
· We will be a people of worship who honor the Lord for who He is and not what He will do for us!
· We will be a growing church whose walls will not contain us!
I. THE BREATH OF LIFE
A. GOD BREATHED IN THE BEGINNING
1. God spoke everything into existance...
2. God put everything into its place...
3. I think He looked down on the ground and saw the dust
4. He thought it was time to play in the mud!
5. He formed man out of the dust of the ground
6. Genesis 2:7
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
7. The word breath comes from the Hebrew word Neshewmah - it means breath of God, spirit!
8. God made a big mud pie
9. He patted it together to have 5 fingers and....
10. Then He put a spirit into the man, he made man into a living soul!
11. When God breathed into man it was to make spiritual what was just a carnal ball of mud!
B. BREATHING IS AN INVOLUNTARY ACT
1. Last time I checked I could breath without having to give it a lot of thought
2. Can you imagine if you had to think about every breath you took?
3. Breath in, Breath out, Breath in, Breath out...
4. I am so glad that I can breath without having to think about it
5. I am so glad that God breaths without thinking about it
6. He loves me automatically
7. He cares for me automatically
8. I don’t have to get up tommorow morning and ask whether God loves me or not
9. He breathed into me because He loved me
10. Since He loves me He wants me to be where He is
11. I can only get to Him through cross
12. The cross is a spiritual place...It is only by the Spirit that we can see Him
13. John 12:32
32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
C. SPIRIT IS LIFE
1. As Christians we should automatically walk in the Spirit.
2. John 6:63
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.