Summary: Many Christians need a heart transplant, they are weak and feeble, and need God to bring a new strength to their lives.
Title: A Heart Condition
Intro: Whenever you think of someone having a heart condition, you think of a person that is feeble, that has no strength, and the least bit of excitement could cause them to die.
There are Christians today that are in need of a heart transplant. They have no strength in their lives. They are spiritually feeble. They never have excitement about their relationship with God. One good AMEN could send them over the edge. There are many reasons for a Christian to have allowed their hearts to become hard and stony. But God says that if you would let Him that he would take that heart of stone out of your life and replace it with a heart of flesh.
I. A Heart of Stone
1. What is a Heart of Stone like.
A. Has no feelings for the things of God.
Exodus 35:21 (quickview)  And they came, every one whose heart stirred him up, and every one whom his spirit made willing, and they brought the LORD’S offering to the work of the tabernacle of the congregation, and for all his service, and for the holy garments.
B. Has no desire to push into God’s presence. They are satisfied with their life and have all of God they want.
- Their favorite songs are; “I’m in the Way” & “I Shall Not Be Moved”
- Their attitude is that of; “ It’s all just emotionalism”
- Their prayer is; “Come Lord, but not during my favorite T.V. program”
- Their Idea of Christian Love is; “Not chewing out the waitress for messing up their order.”
(She better be glad that I’m a Christian or I’d really let her have it)
- This is God’s idea of Christian Love
A Stony Heart is a heart that has trouble with love and forgiveness
C. It is hard work to sometimes get into the presence of God. The priest did not just walk into the holy of holies. They had several things they had to do before they could enter in.
- Many people have lost ability and desire to pray and seek God for a move of His Spirit.
- Many have lost the fire that burned for souls.
- Many have lost their desire to live holy lives.
- Many have given over to being Entertained rather than convicted.
2. Why do so many have Stony Hearts?
Clogged Arteries & Plaque Build-up
- What use to be wrong no longer seems so bad
- Like the parent that always gave into child because no desire to bring child under subjection; it is just to much trouble.
Sitting majestically atop the highest hill in Toledo, Spain, is the Alcazar, a 16th-century fortress. In the civil war of the 1930s, the Alcazar became a battleground when the Loyalists tried to oust the Nationalists, who held the fortress. During one dramatic episode of the war, the Nationalist leader received a phone call while in his office at the Alcazar. It was from his son, who had been captured by the Loyalists. The ultimatum: If the father didn’t surrender the Alcazar to them, they would kill his son. The father weighed his options. After a long pause and with a heavy heart, he said to his son, "Then die like a man." Daily Walk, April 16, 1992