Summary: Finding the Love that lasts a life time, in God.
A Love that Remains
2. Today marks the end of the series dealing with 1 Corinthians 13:13 (quickview) . We will finish the series by talking about Love. I am going to tell you what it means to Love and where the true source of Love comes from, how to increase your ability to love your family and others, and how you can show Love to others.
B. What it means to Love
1. As I was writing this sermon, I asked myself was does it truly mean to Love. To tell you the truth I was greatly perplexed for a long time. And the reason why was because I was searching for one single meaning for love. And then it hit me, love is not one single thing that we do but rather it a combination of many things that we do.
2. You see there is no one single definition for Love as Websters Dictionary would like us to believe. Love is a combination of many things working together.
a. Love is more than just words.
b. It is more than just saying “I Love You.”
c. It is being there for each other, any time day
d. It is calling just to say “Hi”.
e. It is dedicating your life to one another other
through sickness and health.
f. It is sacrificing everything you have for
g. It is sharing your feelings with each other.
h. It is believing in each other.
i. It is laughing and praying together.
j. It is taking a walk on a moonlit, summer night.
k. It is telling another how beautiful they are.
l. It is flowers and candy.
m. It is happiness and joy.
n. It is faith and hope. It is patient and kind,
it does not envy nor is it blind.
3. Love has many forms. The list could go on forever.
4. D.L. Moody once said "I took up that word Love, and I do not know how many weeks I spent in studying the passage, in which it occurs, till at last I could not help loving people. I had been feeding on love so long that I was anxious to do everybody good I came in contact with. I got filled of it. It ran out my fingers. You take up the subject of love in the Bible! You will get so full of it that all you have to do is open your lips, and a flood of the love of God flows out."
5. I admire D.L. Moody for his commitment to sharing his love with others. He was a very wise man and the reason why I say he was wise is not because of any specific degree he may have earned in school. I do not call him wise b/c of any program that he may have established, and I do not call him wise due to any amount of money he may have earned throughout his life. The reason I call him wise is b/c he found what it means to truly love somebody as Christ would love them. Some people read the passages about love and just pass them by not paying much attention to them at all.
6. And to tell you the truth, the person you are truly hurting is yourself. Because if you do not know what it means to love unconditionally yet then you have not experienced all of God’s love.
know God because God is love.