Summary: Details what is necessaary to receive God's blessings
“A Nation God Will Bless”
David P. Nolte
Let us all say a hearty, “Amen!” to the song, “God Bless America!” And you must know that, in fact, He has already blessed us materially, He has blessed us with freedom, and He has blessed us in terms of technology. Steve Straub listed 10 specifics showing how we are blessed in America:
1. In Ethiopia: Many women have to walk four to five miles per day to get something as simple as water for their families.
2. In North Korea: Owning a Bible can get you executed or deported to a labor camp.
3. In Pakistan: Since January of 2014, there have been 232 reported terrorist attacks.
4. In Egypt: Liking a Christianity-themed Facebook status is grounds for six years in prison.
5. In Cuba: A street sweeper makes an average of $19 USD per month, while a brain surgeon brings in $22 USD per month.
6. In Denmark: Laws require you to name your child only from a government-approved list.
7. In Afghanistan: Child-forced marriages are commonplace.
8. In Sudan: Without any trial, the National Intelligence and Security Service can indefinitely detain anyone.
9. In Iran: Facebook, Twitter and Youtube are banned.
10. In Mauritania: Over 4% of the 3.8 million population are slaves.
If only half of that is accurate, we still enjoy more blessings than most of the people in the world. Let’s look to the Scripture and see what kind of nation God will bless.
“Sing for joy in the LORD, O you righteous ones; Praise is becoming to the upright. Give thanks to the LORD with the lyre; Sing praises to Him with a harp of ten strings. Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy. For the word of the LORD is upright, And all His work is done in faithfulness. He loves righteousness and justice; The earth is full of the lovingkindness of the LORD. By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, And by the breath of His mouth all their host. He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap; He lays up the deeps in storehouses. Let all the earth fear the LORD; Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him. For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast. The LORD nullifies the counsel of the nations; He frustrates the plans of the peoples. The counsel of the LORD stands forever, The plans of His heart from generation to generation. Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, The people whom He has chosen for His own inheritance. The LORD looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men; From His dwelling place He looks out On all the inhabitants of the earth, He who fashions the hearts of them all, He who understands all their works. The king is not saved by a mighty army; A warrior is not delivered by great strength. A horse is a false hope for victory; Nor does it deliver anyone by its great strength. Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him, On those who hope for His lovingkindness, To deliver their soul from death And to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. For our heart rejoices in Him, Because we trust in His holy name. Let Your lovingkindness, O LORD, be upon us, According as we have hoped in You.” Psalm 33:1-22 (NASB).