Summary: A message about the new life in Christ.
A NEW CREATURE
INTRO: It is very important to understand what we are as Christians, not merely what we ought to be, or what we will be, but what we are. Our text declares what every Christians IS! "If any man," no matter who, is a Christian, "he is a new creature."
I. HE IS NEW IN HIS RELATIONS TO GOD.
A. New in his relation to the law of God.
2. "There is therefore now no condemnation to them who are
in Christ Jesus" (Rom. 8:1).
3. The convict is pardoned, and becomes a new man in relation to
B. New in relation to the Government of God.
1. "Aliens from the commonwealth of Israel" have become "no
more strangers or foreigners, but fellow-citizens with the
saints" (Eph. 2:12, 19).
2. When a foreigner becomes naturalized, he becomes a new man
in relation to the Government. The alien becomes a citizen.
C. New in relation to the family of God.
1. Every Christian is "of the household of faith."
2. We are free-men, citizens, sons.
3. New in Christ Jesus.
4. After the Civil War the slaves were freed. Some didn’t want to
leave their masters. They didn’t become free-men.
II. NEW IN HIS RELATIONS TO HIS FELLOW-MAN.
A. A new man in responsibility.
1. "Now, then, we are ambassadors for Christ" (2 Cor. 5:20).
2. He hath committed unto us "the word of reconciliation" (2
B. New in opportunity.
1. Before the Christian is an open door.
2. He can minister to sinning, suffering, sorrowing humanity.
3. Unlimited opportunity.
III. A NEW CREATURE IN HIS EXPERIENCE.
A. There is an abiding consciousness of security.
1. We are constantly aware of His protection.
2. We need not fear any man.
B. Communion with God refreshed the soul.
1. The whole range of experience is touched by the indwelling
C. Christ becomes the center of his being.
1. There is a new creation.