Summary: We can experience true joy and transformation if we will take the challenge to strive to seek A New Way To Live!
• SLIDE #1
• One of the things most of us dread the most is one of the things that life is all about; change!
• We resist change, we fight change, we complain and about change.
• Life is really about change, particularly when it comes to our life in Christ.
• SLIDE #2
• 2 Corinthians 3:18 (quickview)  (ESV) And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.
• We are called to be transformed into the image of Jesus, for that to happen we need to be able to allow God to work in our lives so that the transformation can take place.
• It is my belief that our resistance to change flows from issues of trust.
• We trust what we know and we do not trust what we do not yet know.
• This is one of the reasons I used to struggle with opening up to people. I was always afraid of what people would think of me if I let them into my “circle of trust.”
• I was afraid to open myself up to being vulnerable to those around me because if you open up, you risk getting hurt.
• The root of this was trust. Those you trust, you tend to open yourself up to.
• What about you, do you have trouble opening up?
• There are risks involved in opening up, but there are also great rewards.
• Now let us take this to our relationship with Jesus.
• Have you been afraid to open yourself up to Him? Are you afraid He will not love you or accept you? Are you afraid He would be ashamed of you?
• I used to really struggle with being able to accept God’s love for me even after I gave my life to Christ.
• Over time I learned I could trust Him enough to open myself up to Him, to allow Him to lead my life and to allow Him to work in my life.
• We have to trust Jesus enough to allow Him to help us grow in our faith.
• In our text today we are given three things that will allow us to enjoy our life in Christ.
• These three areas of life will show us a New Way To Live!
• SLIDE #3
• SLIDE #4
I. Allow the peace of Christ to be the referee of your heart.
• How many of us are stressed out with lives that seem to be in turmoil all the time. Does it seem that EVERY time we turn around that we are in the midst of some crisis?
• Do you feel tension around you all the time? Are you stressed out by you children, your spouse and your job?
• It is hard to enjoy a transformed life if we are living in constant stress about things in life.
• In the context of our passage it would seem like there were some issues in the church that was causing problems. There were people complaining against one another (verse 13) and it was causing problems.