Summary: A New Year’s message based on 2 Kings 4.
A NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION
INTRO: As we are facing this New Year, there are things in our lives that we need to examine and see if "It is well with us." Relate the story of 2 kings 4:8-37.
I. "IS IT WELL WITH THEE?"
A. Is it different now than it once was?
1. Not in an unconverted state.
2. This is the state of everyone before Christ.
B. You are the children of God’s family.
1. Look at the prodical son.
2. Every believer is a child of God; He fears God; He loves
God; He serves God.
C. You have an interest in the precious promises.
1. The Word of God is full of promises.
2. With these promises, we ought to be happy.
D. You have a sure title and a bright hope for a new world.
1 Some people never think of another world.
2. The Christian knows by faith in God’s word, that there is a
CONC: Let us each ask the question of ourselves today. "Is it well with my soul?" Well in real experience? Well for the next world?
We cannot settle this question for others, and others cannot settle it for us. We must each settle it for ourselves. Let our course be to please God and not man.