Summary: He was lost: I. In Spite Of His Sincere Religious Faith II. In Spite Of His High Religious Office. III. In Spite Of His Spiritual Awareness
- Photograph course seems to be all about the camera
- It’s settings, Lenses, filters, Accessories, What it does
- Photography is the ability to stop time
- To capture a memory
- Glimpse into another place
- Notice the photos on Facebook
- Horizontal when they should be vertical
- Out of focus
- Over exposed or under exposed
- Blurry because shutter speed was not fast enough
- Not sure what the subject is
What is the subject of John 3?
- Is it about the Pharisee (“Separators”)?
- Is it Nicodemus (“Conquer”) ?
- Is it how to take nighttime pictures?
- Subject here is unbelievable eternal life
- Photography course is approached from four different angles
- v.3-8 – Born again
- v.8 – Wind
- v.14-18 – Serpent in the wilderness – Num. 21:4-9
- v.19-21 – Light
- Nicodemus a Pharisee
- Rich, Proud, Influential, Sanctimonious
- A man of them
- Ruler of the Jews (A member of the Sanhedrim)
- The supreme judicial and administrative council of the Jews
- The best of the best needing salvation
- Came in the dark – Was he afraid?
- Did his daytime job prevent him from coming
- He came in the darkness of his soul
- Nicodemus first word – Addresses Jesus and then “WE”
- Nothing personal from his point of view
- This he supposes takes him off the hook
- After all he is a Pharisee
- An expert in education & authority, knowledge
BUT HE WAS LOST
I. In Spite Of His Sincere Religious Faith.
- Characteristics of the faith of a Pharisee was:
- A strong faith in one true and living God.
- An unwavering obedience to the Law of the OT.
A firm belief in the resurrection of the body.
II. In Spite Of His High Religious Office.
- Involved church in & in teaching
- A respected & recognized clergymen
III. In Spite Of His Spiritual Awareness.
"…we know You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these miracles that You do unless God is with him."
The Chevy Nova was a relatively successful American car for many years. Encouraged by U.S. sales, Chevrolet began to market the American Nova throughout the world. Unfortunately, the Nova did not sell well in Mexico and other Latin American countries. Additional ads were ordered, marketing efforts were stepped up, but sales remained stagnant. Sales directors were baffled. The car had sold well in the American market; why wasn’t it selling now? When they discovered the answer, it was rather embarrassing: In Spanish, Nova means “no go” (James Emery White, Rethinking The Church, Baker, 1998, p. 38.). No one had bothered to ask questions or do research.
-. Nicodemus knows only one language and that is the language of earth.
- We did not ask
- Birth is the gate into live
- What life
- Many levels into the kingdom of life
- Vegetable Life - Fungus & Plant
- Animal Life – drops of life in pond water
- To the noblest lion or elephant
- Some would say the monkey
- Mind & Soul Life – Conscience & Reason
- Containing Wit, Imagination, Memory
- Spiritual Life – Which we must be born into