Summary: A New Year’s Sermon
A RESOLUTION TO CHRIST
INTRO: We are approaching a New Year in our lives. As we approach this
new year, we need to take stock of the past year and review our service to God.
After doing that, we need to make some resolutions for the coming year to do more for the Master.
I. WHAT HAS CHRIST MEANT TO US THIS PAST YEAR?
A. Have we been loyal to Him?
1. What about our attendance record?
2. What about our witnessing?
B. In all that God has done for us--how much have we done for Him?
1. God has been very good to us.
a. As a nation.
b. As individuals.
2. What about our money?
b. We give to show our love.
c. We must have the right attitude.
3. How has our prayer life been?
a. Paul says; "Pray without ceasing."
b. Are we in close contact with God?
II. SOME RESOLUTIONS FOR THE NEW YEAR.
A. Our increased loyalty.
1. To attend church regularly.
2. To be a good witness for Him.
B. Our Thankfulness.
1. For God’s goodness to us.
2. For our good health, etc.
C. Our loyalty with His money.
1. To give our best.
2. To have the right attitude.
D. Our closeness to God.
1. Through our prayer life.
2. Through our work for Him.
CONC: Time is very short and we may not have another year on this earth. We need to repent, and do our best to work for God this next year, which could be our last.