Summary: First of all I want to establish the fact that there is a real devil. Let me also establish the fact that Satan has a definite agenda! If you are a Bible believer you already know this!
Scripture: Gen. 3:1 –
Title: “A SATANIC AGENDA”
Introduction: First of all I want to establish the fact that there is a real devil.
· Let me also establish the fact that Satan has a definite agenda!
· If you are a Bible believer you already know this!
· If you don’t believe the Bible common logic would demand that we believe there is a terrible force causing bad stuff to happen in our world.
· 2 Cor. 2:11 gives Paul words as “for we are not ignorant of his (Satan’s) devices.”
· Again in Ephesians 6:11 Paul says, “strategies and tricks of the Devil.” As referring to Satan’s ways.
· I have read some very disturbing statistics lately that says a large percentage of people do not believe there is a real devil.
· This includes people who attend churches and ministers that preach in the churches of our country.
· Here in Gen. 3 we are introduced to the beginning of Satan’s strategy in dealing with God’s people.
· 3:1 starts out by telling us that the serpent (Satan) was the shrewdest of all the creatures that God had created!
· Then the serpent says, “Did God really say you must not eat any of the fruit in the garden?”
· Eve tells the serpent what God had said and then adds her own personal commentary to it by saying they weren’t allowed to touch the forbidden tree in the middle of the Garden of Eden. v. 3
· Satan follows up by telling Eve that she wouldn’t die!
· Satan feeds people poison the way you might give a pill to a dog. (Put the pill in his food and he will eat the food with the pill undetected!)
· Eve didn’t die right off, it took a few hundred years, somewhere around 900 years plus. (Adam died at 930 years and died) Gen. 5:5
· What kind of exhilaration did Eve feel when after she ate and didn’t die? (Between the sin and God confronting them)