Summary: Jesus’ Triumphal Entry, A Palm Sunday Sermon; Deacon, Minister or Leadership Service/Ordination or Just Encouraging Believers to Serve with the right attitude.
A Servant’s Attitude!
Mark 11:1-2 (NIV)
As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage and Bethany at the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two of his disciples, saying to them, “Go to the village ahead of you, and just as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here.
A Servant’s Attitude!
This week marks the beginning of the end of Jesus’ mission on earth. His thirty-three year journey is coming to a close. His Ministry still in its infancy is seven days short of being in existence for three years.
Jesus is very much aware of His fate. Rough days lie ahead, but beyond the seventh day, victory will be proclaimed.
The Bible declares His greatness:
• Matthew 28:18 (ESV) “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.”
• Philippians 2:9-11 (NLT) “Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
• Hebrews 12:2 (ETRV) “We must never stop looking to Jesus. He is the leader of our faith, and he is the one who makes our faith complete. He suffered death on a cross. But he accepted the shame of the cross as if it were nothing because of the joy he could see waiting for him. And now he is sitting at the right side of God’s throne.”
• Revelation 19:16 (NASV) “And on His robe and on His thigh, He has a name written, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."
However for the next 168 hours, Jesus will face some of the most challenging times of His life. As He peers down the path toward Jerusalem, Jesus foresees the pain and suffering that He must endure so that you and I will have a chance for eternal life. Noticed, I said, for you and I to have a chance for eternal life. You see, without Him we have no chance to defeat the sin nature that is within us. . .
• Titus 2:14 (NLT) “He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds.
But as Jesus waits on the roadside just south of Bethany and a short distance north of Bethphage, waiting for His disciples to return from the village with the untamed colt. Jesus does not wait alone. . You see the Comforter that He promised us is with Him. . . . .
• John 14: 16-17 (AMP) “And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate)that He may remain with you forever— The Spirit of Truth. Whom the world cannot receive because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him.”
• John 15:26 (KJV) “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of Truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me”
So with the Comforter as my Guide, (You know, the Spirit of Truth, the 3rd Person of the Trinity “also known as” The Holy Spirit). . . Do You know who I’m talking about. .