Summary: I Thes 5:16-18 “16Rejoice evermore. 17Pray without ceasing. 18In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”
“A Spirit of Thanksgiving!”
11/16/2006 - Marsing, ID
Ricardo Rodriguez - email@example.com
I Thes 5:16-18
“16Rejoice evermore. 17Pray without ceasing. 18In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”
“16Estad siempre gozosos. 17Orad sin cesar. 18Dad gracias en todo; porque esta es la voluntad de Dios para con vosotros en Cristo Jesús.”
Reasons For Thanksgiving to God by Tony Abram
• Some people act as if they had nothing to be thankful for!
• A lack of thankfulness is a lack of thoughtfulness.
• Ingratitude is probably the less attractive attitude anyone could possess.
We must live a life of Gratitude, a life that will bring a sweet fragrance to the presence of the Lord.
“Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.”
“Entrad por sus puertas con reconocimiento, Por sus atrios con alabanza: Alabadle, bendecid su nombre.”
I. BECAUSE OF THE PROSPERITY HE HAS GIVEN US.
Deuteronomy 8:10 When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the Lord thy God for the good land which he hath given thee.
II. BECAUSE HE HAS MADE US “MEASURE UP” TO THE ABILITY TO BE GOD’S CHILDREN.
Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
III. BECAUSE IT IS THE WILL OF GOD.
I Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
IV. BECAUSE OF HIS RIGHTEOUS DECISIONS.
Psalms 119:62 At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments.
V. BECAUSE OF HIS ENABLING US TO MINISTER.
I Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
VI. BECAUSE IT IS A GOOD THING TO DO. [AND CHRISTIANS DO GOOD!]
Psalms 92:1 (A Psalm or Song for the sabbath day.)
It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
VII. BECAUSE OF THE HEALING HE HAS PROVIDED.
Luke 17:16 And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.
VIII. BECAUSE OF THE VICTORY HE HAS GIVEN US OVER SIN AND DEATH
I Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
IX. BECAUSE OF THE UNSPEAKABLE GIFT OF HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.
II Corinthians 9:15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
There’s so much to be thankful for, we have no reason why not to be thankful!
• For creating mankind -- Psalm 139:13-16
• For deliverance and salvation - Ex 15; Ps 18:49; 30:4, 12; 86:12-13; 118:21; Isa 12:1, 4; 25:1; Col 1:12
• We Should Thank God For All Of His Gracious Provisions Ps104.
• We Should Thank God For His Grace And Mercy, And For Withholding The Punishment Which We Deserve – Ps 103:6-12.
• We Should Thank God For The Blessings And Joys Of Fellowship With Him. Ps 73; Jam 1:1-2
• We Should Thank God For His Revelations Through Creation & His Word -- Ps 19; 119.
• We Should Thank God For His Wondrous Work In The Lives Of Others -- Ps 107; 109:30-31; 1 Thess 1;2; 2 Thess 1:3; Eph 1:16; Col 1:3
• We Should Thank God For His Future Work, Based On His Purposes & Promises -- Ps 79; 92; 2 Chron 20:1 -- 31:2
There’s so much we could say, so why is it that so many live far from God. Why is it that so many live lives that are not thankful to God?
Why did only one cleansed leper return to thank Jesus?
The following are nine suggested reasons why the nine did not return:
One waited to see if the cure was real.
One waited to see if it would last.
One said he would see Jesus later.
One decided that he had never had leprosy.
One said he would have gotten well anyway.
One gave the glory to the priests.
One said, "O, well, Jesus didn’t really do anything."
One said, "Any rabbi could have done it."
One said, "I was already much improved."
Unsaved: Show your Thanksgiving to God by giving your life to Him.
Believer: Thanksgiving with life change. [Sanctification]
Eph. 5:3-7, 19-20