Summary: A sermon over Harvesting the crop.
A Time for Harvest
1. As most of you know, I enjoy running. I usually
run a couple miles day and I do this because I
find it relaxing.
2. I get to see some of the most wonderful things
when I run.
a. Sometimes I get to see beautiful sunrises.
b. Sometimes I get to see beautiful sunsets.
c. Sometimes I see deer playing in the field.
d. Sometimes I get chased by dogs.
e. But one thing that I always do is take in the
beauty of what God has surrounded me with.
f. And it was on run earlier this week that I
noticed something different about my
g. Not only could I see the difference but I
could smell the difference.
3. The difference is that it is now harvest time.
a. A time when the farmers work around the clock,
16, 17, 18 hours a day to bring in the crops.
b. Harvest season is a time to reap what you have
4. Today, I want to talk to you about a couple of
different things. I want to talk to you about
what harvest season means, what the bible says
about harvesting, and about how you can improve
the way you harvest.
1. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the
proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not
C. What does it mean to harvest?
1. Webster’s dictionary defines harvesting as the
gathering in of ripe crops or fodder.
2. But we all know that there is more to it than
that, don’t we.
3. Harvesting is hard, dirty work.
4. As a farmer your whole livelihood depends on it.
5. Harvesting can bring great joy if the yield is
abundant but can bring great sorrow if it is not.
6. Harvesting can bring great satisfaction as well.
You see the fruits of your labor before your very
eyes. You see the seed that you planted grow
until it is fully mature and ready for the
harvest. The seed that you spent so much time
with, nurturing, watering, and protecting by
every means at your disposal.
7. Harvesting a crop is more than just reaping the
benefits. It is long, hard days of sacrifice.
Sacrificing time and money.
8. But why do you do it? You do it because it is all
worth. It is worth it to see the fruits of your
labor. It is worth it to see all the hard work
that you poured into something pay off in the end.
9. Harvesting is very hard but well worthwhile.
10. Now we have talked a lot about what harvesting
means to us but what does Jesus say about
harvesting. It is actually pretty interesting.
D. What does the bible say about harvesting?
plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord
of the harvest, to send out workers into his
harvest field. Go! I am sending you out like
lambs among wolves.”
2. What is Jesus talking about here? He says that
the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.
What is he talking about? What is the harvest?
4. Jesus tells us that the harvest is plentiful and
the fields are ripe for the harvest. But the
workers are few.
5. What if you had a really good year in farming and
when harvest season rolled around, you had so
much abundance of the crops that you could not