Summary: This is the 3rd sermon in the series "A Time To".
Series: A Time To… (Haggai) [#3]
A TIME TO ENDURE
Video: “Sages Of The Faith” (PK Marathon Video)
Signing up to do something is not that difficult. Sticking with it when there are many valid reasons to quit is not so easy. As we continue in our 5 week push to revitalize our Church’s ministries, we need to look at “A Time To Endure”.
1. Endure when you are discouraged. In Ezra chapters 5 and 6, we find that there was a governor in the area by the name of Tattenai who did not want the Temple to be rebuilt. He sent a letter to King Darius with the intent of stopping building. You can imagine the discouragement experienced at this news; but God told them to be strong because He was with them.
2. Endure when you are tired. Not only was there the stress of Tattenai trying to shut them down, but as the Temple was being built they were becoming tired. God told them to be strong because He was with them.
3. Endure when you are doubting. There were some who remembered what Solomon’s Temple looked like and this Temple was not going to be anything like it. The people were beginning to have doubts that their efforts would even matter. They were insecure about the size and value of this new Temple. Would God’s presence be found at this lesser Temple? Again God’s answer was, “Be strong, I am with you”.
1. Endure because God is in control. Our measurement of success is not like God’s measurement of success. God assured them that He was going to enable them to complete this Temple and it was going to be just like He wanted it. God assured them that He was going fill the Temple with His glory. God reminded them that everything comes from Him and therefore they were not going to run out of anything they needed.
2. Endure because God will be victorious. God is going to shake this world. There is none that can stop God. There is none that can “out smart” God. God and His people will be victorious!
3. Endure because God gets the glory. When God works in our lives, give Him the credit. As the hymn says, “To God be the glory for the things He has done”.
During the last 2 weeks we identified some ministry needs that God has placed on your hearts and then you had opportunity to commit to those ministries.
That was the easy part. Getting the job done in spite of the road blocks thrown in your way is the real test. We are now to the point that we must continue to pursue these ministries and build them as God has called us to do.
There is a list with each ministry we discussed last week with the names of those who put their name on the commitment card. The list is going to be distributed to each person on that ministry. On the list will be the person’s name and phone number. I am asking you who are on that list to call one another and began to work on those ministries.