Summary: Make this marriage a journey of faith, hope and love.
We have gathered here to witness and to celebrate the love that bring the groom ___________ and the bride ___________ together in holy matrimony.
In a few moments, we will be witnessing the exchanging of their vows and their pledge to each other in the covenant of marriage.
We are here to give them our best wishes and to join our hearts in praying for God’s richest blessing upon their lives. So let us bow our heads for a moment and commit this time to God in prayer.
Heavenly Father, we thank you this day, for Your wonderful work in bringing ________ and ________ together. Thank you for the friendship and the love they shared.
So much has been invested here and so much lies ahead, so we pray now that the love that brought them here today will grow richer and fuller with each passing year.
We place their relationship in Your hands, knowing that you will watch and care for them. We ask Lord, that you to show them your grace, release your peace and your joy into their home. Grant Wing Sung and Ting Ting happiness and fulfilment that they never thought possible. May their lives together bring you glory!
And for all of us here who love and support them, may it be our constant joy to watch their love grow and flourish, in the many years to come. We pray all this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.
________ and _________, you are to give your word to each other, to take each other “for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health” all the days of your lives.
• This word you are giving to each other is not just any word, but a solemn promise and a vow before God.
• This is a huge step to take but remember you are not alone on this. Marriage is God’s design and He is in it with you.
• Marriage is not a destination; it is a journey. It is an adventure of faith, hope and love.
The Scripture says three things will last forever — faith, hope, and love — and the greatest of these, is love. (1 Cor 13:13)
• Hold on to these as you begin your new life together. Make this marriage a wonderful journey of faith, hope and love.
Make this Marriage a Journey of Faith
• You believe in God, and you believe in each other.
• Have faith in God. Your common faith in Jesus Christ will sustain the marriage through ups and downs, thick and thin, the rugged and smooth.
• It will enable you to pray through the rough times, and rejoice in the good times.
You believe in each other. Protect and continue to grow in that trust for each other.
• Remember, you did not enter into this marriage because you found a perfect person. Rather, you’ve come to love a beautiful mate with all his or her flaws and imperfections. You’ve come to embrace and enjoy these differences.
• So continue in that same faith; believing that together you can have a better life.
To have faith means we are faithful - faithful to God and faithful to one another.
• The promise you make to each other is until death, to be faithful no matter what. A wedding is for a day, a marriage is for a lifetime.
• God shows us His faithfulness – in the OT, the Bible pictures marriage as the covenant that exists between God and His people. In the NT, it compares marriage to the relationship that exists between Jesus Christ and the Church.
• He is always faithful and true. His love is unchanging and everlasting. His Word is sure. Grow in His likeness. Be faithful, just as He is faithful.
Make this Marriage a Journey of Hope
• We thrive on hope. Hope makes every day a new beginning.
• You commit your life and all that you have to one another because you have hope.
• You believe, and rightly so, that by God’s grace, you will be blessed spending the rest of your lives together. You are here because you know you would have a great future being together.
• Hope says a marriage is a lifetime union that would only get better with time.
Hope does not solve all problems, but it inspires prayer and set us back on the right track.
• Hope lives off the power and grace of God.
• Christ is the Shepherd of your lives and “He Will Carry You”:
There is no problem too big, God cannot solve it
There is no mountain too tall, He cannot move it
There is no storm too dark, God cannot calm it