Summary: Abortion is to those of extreme value and based upon unbiblical reasons and taking the lives of those that God views as truly profitable to Him.
1. Let’s open our bible to Psalm 127:3.
2. Abortion! Before we read our selected passage we want to ask a few questions about the matter of abortion.
(1) Is abortion a woman’s right, or is abortion the murder of the innocent?
(2) Is abortion something that society decides? Is abortion something that God gives the Supreme Court the authority to decide?
(3) Is abortion really a woman’s choice?
3. For just a few moments we are going to examine what God has to say on the subject of abortion.
I. FIRST, LET’S OBSERVE A COUPLE OF BIBLE PASSAGES TO GAIN A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF HOW GOD VIEWS THE LIFE OF THE UNBORN CHILD.
1. Let’s read Psalm 127:3, “………………..”
“Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward.”
2. “Children being a heritage from the Lord” means that children are inherited from the Lord.
(1) This means that children first and foremost belong to God.
(2) As we might inherit money or a house from our parents, we inherit our children from God.
(3) The fact that our children first belong to God should cause parents to have a high regard for children that God is giving to them.
3. The second part of Psalm 127:3 says, “the fruit of the womb (a child or children) is a reward”.
(1) If we were told that at the time that our child was going to be born that we would inherit or be rewarded $100,000.00 from the Lord, I’m sure we would be excited and looking forward to that inheritance or reward from the Lord.
(2) I’m sure all of would be thrilled beyond imagination!
4. Turn to Matt. 16:26. This passage teaches us that an inherited child from God is worth more than $100,000.00
(1) This passage teaches that an inherited child from God is worth more than the whole world.
(2) Let’s read Matt. 16:26, “For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”
5. God expects parents and grandparents to be good stewards of what He provides parents as an inheritance.
(1) God expects parents and grandparents to mold the life of children to where they become products of teaching from the bible.
(2) God expects parents and grandparents to be good enough stewards to where that he can one day receive His children back and receive them up into heaven with Him.
6. These bible passages teach us that God does not think of unborn children merely as tissues, DNA, or an unborn fetus. God views children as an extremely valuable gift.
(1) Parents and grandparents should also view children as a remarkable gift!
(2) They are truly a gift from the Lord.
7. These bible passages also teach that we must realize what abortion truly is.
(1) Abortion refers to the deliberate early termination of a pregnancy.
(2) That deliberate termination of the pregnancy then results in the death of the fetus, which in reality is the death of a precious inheritance, which was first given to parents as a reward.