Summary: Learning to accept each other.
John 17:20-21 “I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.” (NIV)
Question: What are some of the debatable issues today?
The Solution: We Accept each other!
How Do I Do It?
1) By not Labeling Them! Vs. 1-2
Legalism—is when I take my God-given convictions and force them on another without scriptural support.
2) By not Judging Them! Vs. 3
Key: The moment you start judging others on non-Biblical issues you are doomed!
3) By not trying to Change Them! Vs. 4
Truth: Do not try to be someone else’s Holy Spirit!
Motto: “Please be patient with me, God isn’t finished with me yet.”
Why I Am To Accept Those Who Disagree With Me:
1) God has already Accepted Him! Vs. 3
Question: Are you smarter than God?
2) It is Not My Responsibility! Vs. 4
3) I do not Know They’re Motives! Vs. 5-6
4) We are Related to Each Other! Vs. 7
Key: Anything I do affects you anything you do affects me!
5) Only Christ has the Right to Judge! Vs. 8-9
Key: Never expect Unbeliever to act like Believers until they are a Believer!
6) I am Only Accountable for Myself! Vs. 10-13
Truth: Unity and Love are true marks of maturity!
Question: Does the world know we are Christians?