Summary: Some days just don’t go the way they should.
JOB 1:6; 13; 2:1; 3:1 “AIN’T YOUR DAY”
A) Story of an Indian lying in the middle of the road with his ear pressed to the ground!
* The Indian was mumbling these words: “Truck, Chevy truck, Chevy pick up truck, large tires,
man driving, German shepherd in front seat .......”
* “Loaded with firewood ... Cal. license plate … UBH 823.”
* “Wow, this is unbelievable! You can tell all that by listening to the ground?”
* The Indian said, “No, truck ran over me thirty minutes ago.”
B) Did you hear about the train that was going through town but wasn’t scheduled to stop?
* There was a very short passenger on the train who wanted to get off because if he didn’t, he
would have to pay $100.00 for a taxi to bring him back to town.
C) Well, the man sitting in the seat next to him had a brilliant idea!
* He said, “Look, this train always slows down to pick up the mailbag.”
* “When it slows down, I’ll hold you out the window.”
* “When I drop you, you start running so you won’t fall, and simply run to a stop!”
D) Well, the train did slow down, and the man looked to his little friend .......
* Held him out the window and dropped him! * The man was running along the platform, waving
at him, thanking him for his help!
* About that time, a man seated in the next car saw the little man running on the platform .......
* And waving his hands, reached out and grabbed him, and pulled him in through the window, and
said, “This is your lucky day, you almost missed the train.”
E) There was this little guy sitting inside a bar just looking at his drink!
* He didn’t move for half an hour. * Then this big trouble-making truck driver stepped up next to
him, took the drink from the guy and just drank it all down. * The poor man started crying.
* The truck driver turned and said, “Come on man, I was just joking. Here, I’ll buy you another
drink. I just can’t stand to see a grown man crying.”
F) “No, it’s not that ... Today is the worst day of my life!”
* First, I overslept and was late for an important meeting and my boss got mad and fired me.
* When I left the building to go to my car, I found out that it was stolen.
* The police said they could do nothing. * I then got a cab to return home, and after I paid the cab
driver and the cab had gone, I found that I left my wallet in the cab.
* I got home only to find my wife was in bed with the gardener.
* I left home depressed and came to this bar. * And now, when I was thinking about putting an
end to my life, you show up and drink the poison!
G) Let’s face it: Life is filled with bad days! * Even bad months, or even bad years!
* But there is a promise recorded in Rom. 8:28 that we should never forget!
* Let me suggest to you what to remember when you’re having one of those “Ain’t my day’s!”
(1) REMEMBER GOD’S PROMISE TO YOU!
* There are 3 words that are extremely important in really understanding this verse!
* “We” ... “Know” ... “All” ... * “And we know that all things .......”
A) “WE” - refers to the ones that love God and are called!
* There are only two types of people in this world - Those who love God and those who don’t!
* A lot of people say they love God, but Jesus says, “If you love Me, keep My commandments.”
* Don’t love just in words, but love in deeds and action - 1 John 3:18!
* In other words, people who truly love God don’t just say it, they show it!
B) Remember, God’s promise is to those who love God and are called according to .......!
* You see, not everyone can say, “Don’t worry, everything will work out.”
* Because everything does not work out for everybody!
* Everything works out for God’s children! * People of the world may say .......
* “Well, I’m not a Christian and everything is going fine for me.”
* But I submit that if that person dies and goes into eternity without God, things really didn’t work
out for them! * All things work together for good to “them that love God, to .......”
C) “Know” - There are a lot of things about God, the Bible and life that we don’t know!
* We don’t always know how to pray! * We don’t know what Jesus looks like!