Summary: There are 3 basis of how Man relates to God by grace, by law and by mixture of law and grace. Proper understanding of walking by God's grace will liberate and help us enjoy life to the fullest.
I. .DEFINITION OF GRACE
1. God's undeserved, unmerited, unearned favor to man (Eph 2:8-9)
2. God's enabling power given to man (1 Cor 15:10)
II. THE BASIS OF GOD'S ACCEPTANCE TO MAN
1. By law
God to Israel (Deut 28)
2. By grace
3. By mixture of law and grace
Galatianism (Galatians 1-3)
New wine to old wineskin
III. WHAT WE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE GRACE OF GOD
1. Its a free gift
2. It has nothing to do with what you do(performance)
3. It teaches us to deny ungodliness (Titus 2:11-12)
3. Its from beginning of Christian life to end
we are saved by grace
we are sanctified by grace
we are motivated by grace
we are called to serve by grace
we receive strength to endure by grace
we are glorified by grace
4. It brings us to freedom and liberty in Christ
5. It motivates us to holiness, sanctification, repentance and Christlikeness
IV. EXTREMES IN WALKING IN GOD'S GRACE
1. Licentiousness (Jude 1:4)
an excess or absence of restraint, it is indecency, and wantonness
and a total disregard for any rules whatsoever.
2. Legalism (Gal 5:4)
is anything we do or don't do in order to earn favor with God.
it is concerned with rewards to be gained or penalties to be avoided
IV. HOW CAN WE APPROPRIATE GRACE
1. Coming by faith (Hebrews 4:16).
2. By clothing ourselves with humility (1Peter 5:6).