Summary: The story of Joseph proves that everyone has a shot at being someone great - at starting all over when in God's Hand. And one thing I do not understand is just how God does it. How He takes the low-borns and makes them heroes? Relax in God's hands, folks.
ANYONE CAN BECOME SOMEBODY IN GOD'S HAND
GENESIS 41: 39 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art: 40 Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou. 41 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt. 42 And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck; 43 And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt. 44 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt. 45 And Pharaoh called Joseph's name Zaphnathpaaneah; and he gave him to wife Asenath the daughter of Potipherah priest of On. And Joseph went out over all the land of Egypt. 46 And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went throughout all the land of Egypt.
If You Were To See Joseph In A Chariot Beside Pharaoh And You Were In Egypt Then, You Will Say: “What A Lucky Boy!” But luck had nothing to do with it. The Story Of Joseph Proves That Everyone Has A Shot At Being Someone Great. At starting all over. And one thing I do not understand is just how God does it. How Does He Take The Low-Borns And Make Them Heroes? Paul writes in I Corinthians 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26 For consider your calling, brothers, that there are not many wise according to flesh, not many powerful, not many wellborn. 27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world that He might shame those who are wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world that He might shame the things that are strong, 28 And the lowborn things of the world and the despised things God has chosen, things which are not, that He might bring to nought the things which are, 29 So that no flesh may boast before God.
GOD’S FAVOR BRINGS MAN’S FAVOR
What Is Favor? “One day of favor is worth a thousand days of labor”. God can do for you in one day what could take years to accomplish. Definition: A spirit of approval, goodwill, or liking, partiality. An act of kindness or generosity. favoritism, attractiveness, To be favored means: regarded or treated with favor; provided with advantages… specially privileged. God Put A Double Portion On Elijah. Hezekiah’s 15 years. Daniel advices three kings. Shepherd David becomes king. Naomi to have a posterity. Made Sarah fruitful. Ezekiel and dry bones. Esther a queen. But when God promotes, can we handle power?
JOSEPH’S IMMEDIATE POWERS – PUBLIC HONORS: TESTED AT BOTTOM & TOP LATER
1. Financial Powers: He Wore The Pharaoh’s Ring.
2. Unlimited Rights: The Signet Ring
3. Immediate Physical Status: He Changed His Prison Garments For Fine Clothes.
4. Immediate Limousine: He Was Made To Ride In A Fine Chariot – 2nd Only To Pharaoh.
5. Family Rights: He Was Given A Wife Of Noble Esteem. Egyptians Esteemed Gods.
6. A New Name: He Was Given A New Name & Title – Zaphenath-Paneah
7. 2nd In Command: Accountable to Pharaoh only. Powers throughout the land.\
SOME NOBODIES THAT GOD USED
1. Gideon Hiding In The Winepress - Judges 6:34 The Spirit Of The Lord Took Control Of Gideon.
2. Four Lepers Who Suppressed The Syrian Armies (2 Kings 7). They Brought A Prophecy True.
3. Paul – God Uses The Lowborns, The Scums, Etc. Paul Had To Become A Nobody.
4. David The Shepherd (I Samuel 16): Taken From Obscurity.
5. Moses Tried To Be Somebody. He Came To God And Became Somebody.
To Understand Joseph, Understand The Line Of Blessing
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MIRACLES AND BLESSINGS
Blessings & Miracles are like two different delivery systems from God. Illustration: Woman Drowning – God Sent A Log, A Boat & A Helicopter. She missed God’s blessings for she was awaiting a miracle. God moves many ways but blessing is how He apparently planned to.
1. Definition Of Miracle & Blessing: A miracle is "an event that appears unexplainable by the laws of nature." In contrast, a blessing is also supernatural in origin but utilizes natural means. In other words, a miracle supersedes or suspends natural laws, while a blessing is God's divine power working through natural laws. Since miracles are more spectacular than blessings, many Christians are only looking for their needs to be supplied through a miracle but a blessing is much better. Before you can receive a miracle you have to be in a crisis. For God to suspend or supersede His natural laws, there has to be a very good reason. Therefore, those who live from miracle to miracle, live from crisis to crisis. In contrast, the blessings of God will prevent crisis in your life. Which would you rather have -- a desperate situation where you received the miracle of a new car; or would you rather be so blessed that if you wanted a new car, you could just go buy one with cash. “Why ask for daily bread when you can own the bakery?”