Summary: Have the vision and faith as Joshua and Caleb in taking the Promised Land!
Are you a Visionary or a Vision Vandal?
The passage in a nutshell:
Moses: “Tell us what you saw.”
Joshua: “Whoa dude. I’m stoked. That land is exactly as God said it would be, flowing with milk and honey. There are obstacles, but we can do it!
One of the other ten: “But what about the walls? What about the giants? What about the elements? Forget about it!”
Caleb: “Bonk! Bonk! God said that the land would be ours, and I believe Him. Let us go and seize it with His blessings!”
I. Our Perspectives
A. Joshua and Caleb = Visionaries:
1. Walls? No problem!
2. Giants? No problem! Remember David and Goliath?
3. Possible? No problem! Why? They saw a God sized task through God’s eyes. They believed that what God promised He would do, He would do! They believed that God is bigger than any obstacles that stood between them and the land He had promised. God doesn’t call us to failure and defeat!
B. The other 10 = Vision Vandals:
1. Walls? Insurmountable!
2. Giants? Too big and too strong?
3. Possible? Forget about it! Why? They saw a God sized tasked through their own eyes. They couldn’t see themselves having the ability to accomplish what God called them to do. They saw that they were not capable of scaling the walls, bringing down the giants, and claiming the land. They were right. They couldn’t! At least, not without God. With God, however, they could definitely do it!
C. You and I?:
1. How do we view the walls in our lives?
2. How do we size up the giants that we battle?
3. Do we believe God’s promises? Tony Evans said, “God can do more with less who are dependant on Him than He can with more who are dependant on themselves.”
II. Our reactions:
1. Reported to Moses and the people with enthusiasm! God was right, it does flow with milk and honey!
2. Reported to Moses and the people the possibilities. We can do this. No sweat!
3. Reported to Moses and the people a reminder of the promise of God and His faithfulness to the people.
B. Vision Vandals:
1. Reported to Moses and the people with discouragement.
2. Reported to Moses and the people the impossibilities. The walls, the people, the elements? Forget about it!