Summary: In the race, it doesn't matter how long it takes to finish but what is important is that you continue. Never ever get tired and avoid getting burn out. It is when you lose the passion to run even you are still in a race.
ARE YOU BURNING OUT?
( Losing the Fire that Once you have )
Prophet Elijah displayed the Power of God and Triumphed to almost 450 false prophets of Baal by burning the sacrifice through the Fire fell from heaven after he prayed to God. All the prophets were put to death and Jezebel, the wife of King Ahab burst into anger and proclaimed to kill Elijah at the same time.
WHAT IS BURN OUT.
When you lost the Zealousness and Fire you have once.
When you are worn out doing the work you once love.
When you lose the passion.
CAUSES OF BURN OUT.
1. FEARFULLNESS – Prophet Elijah forgot that he has a POWERFUL GOD instead he MAGNIFY his FEAR. Kapag lumaki an gating paningin sa Problema lumiliit ang Dios, ngunit kung Lumalaki ang Dios sa ating paningin, lumiliit ang tingin natin sa Problema. In this case of Elijah, he saw the power of Jezebel to kill him and missed to see that God is able to protect him.
2. WEARINESS – When we are tired physically, we need to dwell in the presence of God and find some refreshing touch from God. In the presence of God, there is peace and there is joy, there is restoration. There is power.
3. RESTLESSNESS – When we are fearful and weary, we become restless, we have no direction at all. We move, we work, we do things without a purpose, without a direction. We will be heading to the wrong way and trapped our self.
RESULTS OF BURN OUT.
1. LOST OF DIRECTION / PURPOSE. – Elijah lost himself in the desert.
2. LOST OF PASSION / ZEAL. – He wanted to end his life.
3. LOST OF CONFIDENCE (to God and Self) – low self – esteem and lost his trust in God.
DEALING WITH BURN OUT.
1. REST - Find a place to rest.
2. SLEEP - Sleeping rejuvenates, refresh and restores our mind and body.
3. EAT - Lack of food at times causes of poor decision.
4. SOLITUDE - heart to heart, one on one dealing with God for spiritual retreat.
Elijah was back on track with new passion, new direction and new strength from God.