Summary: This sermon shares the advantages of being In Christ.
Are you “In Christ?”
Eph 2:10 – I was created for a purpose.
God has made us what we are. He has created us in Christ Jesus to live lives filled with good works that he has prepared for us to do.
2Co 5:17 – I’ve been created over again. A fresh start.
Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence.
Ga 3:26 – We have access to our Father’s kingdom.
You are all God’s children by believing in Christ Jesus.
Ga 3:28 – I’m equal to everyone else on Earth.
There are neither Jews nor Greeks, slaves nor free people, males nor females. You are all the same in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:1 You can’t condemn me.
So those who are believers in Christ Jesus can no longer be condemned
CONDEMNED: pronounced to be wrong, guilty, worthless or forfeited; adjudged or sentenced to punishment.
Col 2:3 – I’m full of wisdom and knowledge.
God has hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge in Christ.
(13) Blessed is the one who finds wisdom and the one who obtains understanding.
(14) The profit gained from wisdom is greater than the profit gained from silver. Its yield is better than fine gold.
(15) Wisdom is more precious than jewels, and all your desires cannot equal it.
(16) Long life is in wisdom’s right hand. In wisdom’s left hand are riches and honor.
(17) Wisdom’s ways are pleasant ways, and all its paths lead to peace.
(18) Wisdom is a tree of life for those who take firm hold of it. Those who cling to it are blessed.
(19) By Wisdom the LORD laid the foundation of the earth. By understanding he established the heavens.
(20) By his knowledge the deep waters were divided, and the skies dropped dew.
(21) My son, do not lose sight of these things. Use priceless wisdom and foresight.
Pro 4:6 Do not abandon wisdom, and it will watch over you. Love wisdom, and it will protect you.
Pro 4:8 Cherish wisdom. It will raise you up. It will bring you honor when you embrace it.
King Solomon had experienced it so only he could write the proverbs.
2Ch 1:12 So wisdom and knowledge will be given to you. I will also give you riches, fortunes, and honor like no other king before or after you."
Mar 4:24 He went on to say, "Pay attention to what you’re listening to! Knowledge will be measured out to you by the measure of attention you give. This is the way knowledge increases.
1Co 1:5 Through Christ Jesus you have become rich in every way-in speech and knowledge of every kind.
Jam 3:17 However, the wisdom that comes from above is first of all pure. Then it is peaceful, gentle, obedient, filled with mercy and good deeds, impartial, and sincere.
Col 2:10 – I’m complete and secure.
and God has made you complete in Christ. Christ is in charge of every ruler and authority.
1. Having no deficiency; perfect.
And ye are complete in him who is the head of all principality and power. Col 2.
2. Finished; ended; concluded; as, the edifice is complete.
This course of vanity almost complete.