Summary: This sermon shares the advantages of being In Christ.
Are you “In Christ?”
Eph 2:10 – I was created for a purpose.
God has made us what we are. He has created us in Christ Jesus to live lives filled with good works that he has prepared for us to do.
2Co 5:17 – I’ve been created over again. A fresh start.
Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence.
Ga 3:26 – We have access to our Father’s kingdom.
You are all God’s children by believing in Christ Jesus.
Ga 3:28 – I’m equal to everyone else on Earth.
There are neither Jews nor Greeks, slaves nor free people, males nor females. You are all the same in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:1 You can’t condemn me.
So those who are believers in Christ Jesus can no longer be condemned
CONDEMNED: pronounced to be wrong, guilty, worthless or forfeited; adjudged or sentenced to punishment.
Col 2:3 – I’m full of wisdom and knowledge.
God has hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge in Christ.
(13) Blessed is the one who finds wisdom and the one who obtains understanding.
(14) The profit gained from wisdom is greater than the profit gained from silver. Its yield is better than fine gold.
(15) Wisdom is more precious than jewels, and all your desires cannot equal it.
(16) Long life is in wisdom’s right hand. In wisdom’s left hand are riches and honor.
(17) Wisdom’s ways are pleasant ways, and all its paths lead to peace.
(18) Wisdom is a tree of life for those who take firm hold of it. Those who cling to it are blessed.
(19) By Wisdom the LORD laid the foundation of the earth. By understanding he established the heavens.
(20) By his knowledge the deep waters were divided, and the skies dropped dew.
(21) My son, do not lose sight of these things. Use priceless wisdom and foresight.
Pro 4:6 Do not abandon wisdom, and it will watch over you. Love wisdom, and it will protect you.
Pro 4:8 Cherish wisdom. It will raise you up. It will bring you honor when you embrace it.
King Solomon had experienced it so only he could write the proverbs.
2Ch 1:12 So wisdom and knowledge will be given to you. I will also give you riches, fortunes, and honor like no other king before or after you."
Mar 4:24 He went on to say, "Pay attention to what you’re listening to! Knowledge will be measured out to you by the measure of attention you give. This is the way knowledge increases.
1Co 1:5 Through Christ Jesus you have become rich in every way-in speech and knowledge of every kind.
Jam 3:17 However, the wisdom that comes from above is first of all pure. Then it is peaceful, gentle, obedient, filled with mercy and good deeds, impartial, and sincere.
Col 2:10 – I’m complete and secure.
and God has made you complete in Christ. Christ is in charge of every ruler and authority.
1. Having no deficiency; perfect.
And ye are complete in him who is the head of all principality and power. Col 2.
2. Finished; ended; concluded; as, the edifice is complete.
This course of vanity almost complete.
In strict propriety, this word admits of no comparison; for that which is complete, cannot be more or less so. But as the word, like many others, is used with some indefiniteness of signification, it is customary to qualify it with more, most, less and least. More complete, most complete, less complete, are common expressions.
3. In botany, a complete flower is one furnished with a calyx and corolla. Vaillant. Or having all the parts of a flower.
1. To finish; to end; to perfect; as, to complete a bridge, or an edifice; to complete an education.
2. To fill to accomplish; as, to complete hopes or desires.
3. To fulfil; to accomplish; to perform; as, the prophecy of Daniel is completed.
1Jo 3:6 – Here’s how I show I’m His.
Those who live in Christ don’t go on sinning. Those who go on sinning haven’t seen or known Christ.
1. The voluntary departure of a moral agent from a known rule of rectitude or duty, prescribed by God; any voluntary transgression of the divine law, or violation of a divine command; a wicked act; iniquity. Sin is either a positive act in which a known divine law is violated, or it is the voluntary neglect to obey a positive divine command, or a rule of duty clearly implied in such command. Sin comprehends not action only, but neglect of known duty, all evil thoughts purposes, words and desires, whatever is contrary to God’s commands or law. 1 John 3. Mat 15. James 4. Sinner neither enjoy the pleasures of nor the peace of piety. Among divines, sin is original or actual. Actual sin, above defined, is the act of a moral agent in violating a known rule of duty. Original sin, as generally understood, is native depravity of heart to the divine will, that corruption of nature of deterioration of the moral character of man, which is supposed to be the effect of Adam’s apostasy; and which manifests itself in moral agents by positive act of disobedience to the divine will, or by the voluntary neglect to comply with the express commands of God, which require that we should love God with all the heart and soul and strength and mind, and our neighbor as ourselves. This native depravity or alienation of affections from God and his law, is supposed to be what the apostle calls the carnal mind or mindedness, which is enmity against God, and is therefore denominated sin or sinfulness. Unpardonable sin, or blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, is supposed to be a malicious and obstinate rejection of Christ and the gospel plan of salvation, or a contemptuous resistance made to the influences and convictions of the Holy Spirit. Mat 12.