Summary: ❶ Mind Full, of life & it’s problems OR ❷ Soul Full HOW? 1. BE PEACEFUL 2. BE BOASTFUL 3. BE THANKFUL 4. BE JOYFUL 5. BE FAITHFUL
(USE SONG "His Eye Is On the Sparrow) Chester-born and raised in Philadelphia, Ethel Waters was an African-American jazz singer and actress of legendary stature. Born in horrendous conditions, she triumphed over all adversity with the sheer power of her will and talent to become both a Broadway and Hollywood star. her signature number,
- "His Eye is On the Sparrow." Used the title for her autobiography. - She sang it at a Billy Graham Crusade
- Ethel Waters sings Eyes On The Sparrow. Song from the 1952 movie "The Member of the Wedding"
Nebraskan State Senator Ernie Chambers brought suit against God to "cease certain harmful activities and making of terroristic threats."
Chambers claimed that God "directly and proximately has caused, floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, plagues, famines, droughts, wars, birth defects, and the like." in order to inspire fear, dread, anxiety, terror and uncertainty, in order to force obedience to Defendant’s will."
On Tuesday, Douglas County District Court Judge Marlon Polk ruled that under state law a plaintiff must have access to the defendant for a lawsuit to move forward.
“Given that this court finds that there can never be service effectuated on the named defendant this action will be dismissed with prejudice, (meaning the case is over, it can nerve be filed again)
❶ Mind Full
- We are mindful of floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, plagues, famines, droughts, wars, birth defects, fuel costs, home foreclosures unemployment, financial crises, next week election
- Being mindful is the problem
- We lose sleep because our minds are full.
- We’ve already got too much stuff in our heads.
- This leading to fearfulness & abandonment
- Reality IS tough
- People are suffering
- People are losing Future Security (retirement packages)
- People are losing Present Security (their home)
- People are turning to their own ways
12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
25 In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
1 Now it came to pass in the days when the judges ruled, that there was a famine in the land. And a certain man of Bethlehemjudah went to sojourn in the country of Moab, he, and his wife, and his two sons.
- Moab an idolatress nation (Chemosh)
- Ruth listened to her mother-in-law council
16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.