Summary: Part three of the series; "Building a spiritual home"
“And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord! Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the Gods whom your fathers served that were on the other side of the river, or the gods of the Armorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.”
Other words; I’m not about to give up now, my family and Me are to deep in this to give up. God has been too good to us. He has given us many victories. He saved us from the Egyptians (the world). Just when we were about to drown. God caused our enemies to be defeated and gave us9y life. He has given us victory over all the giants in our path.
“AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE WE WILL SERVE THE LORD”
I don’t know about your house, but my house is going to serve God!!!
Get violent with the devil and tell him devil my children are going to serve God!!!
Devil, my husband is going to serve God!!!!
Devil my unbelieving family is going to serve God!!!
HOW CAN YOU HAVE A GODLY HOUSE?
When you determine in your heart that no matter what anyone else is doing YOU WILL HAVE A POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE!!!
AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE WE WILL SERVE THE LORD !!!
THREE BASIC NEEDS OF EVERY FAMILY
Paul said in I Thes. 5:23; "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray that your whole spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Our family lives need to be balanced. All of the families’ needs are not spiritual.
The three basic needs for every family;
1. Physical needs
A. Many children are left to fend for themselves because the parents are to busy with their own selfish needs, or career, or hanging out.
· Make sure that your children’s physical needs are met.
· Many children flunk in school. Not because they are stupid, but because nobody takes the time to help them with their homework.
B. Husbands and the wife have physical needs to.
· A need for companionship. God saw this in the very beginning and that’s why He created woman. Praise God!!!
· LETS LOOK AT; (I Corinthians 7: 3-5, 8-9, 12-26).
2. Emotional needs.
· Husbands love your wives and your children.
· Wives love and respect your husband and your children (Look at Titus 2:3-4)
· Don’t forget that children are a gift from God. Treat them as such.
· Don’t put them down or destroy their spirit.
· LETS LOOK AT; MATT. 18:4.
3. Spiritual needs are supplied by worship to God