Summary: 14 Prayers of Praise for God’s Attributes
641 Praise-Worthy Characteristics of God The Father, Son and Holy Spirit
1. A Forgiving God – Lord, I praise you because you said, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (I John 1:9 (quickview) ) Thank you that this promise applies to my sins of omission, commission, wrong disposition and faulty assumptions.
2. A God of Miracles – Lord, I praise you that you are the miracle working God who works wonders for those who trust and call on your name. I worship you because you perform miracles. You display your power among the peoples.” (Psa. 77:14)
3. A Perfect Attitude – I praise you Lord for having the perfect way of regarding things and people with a wholesome disposition. Paul wrote, “Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant.” (Phil. 2:6,7)
4. A Personal God and Savior – I praise you Lord, because you are a personal God, who gives me the honor of knowing you, even inviting me to feast at your kingdom table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.” (Matt 8:11 (quickview) ) Thank you for individually inviting me to fellowship with you by saying, “Behold I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears my voice I will come into Him and dine with him and he with Me.” (Rev. 3:20)
5. Abba – Father – I praise you God for being an intimate Father who loves and knows all my strengths and weaknesses. Paul wrote, “For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of Sonship. And by him we cry, ‘Abba, Father.” (Rom. 8:15) Thank you for being so dear to me when my earthly father is not.
6. Able – I praise you Lord that you are able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works mightily within us. (Eph. 3:20) Thank you for teaching me to expect great things from God and to attempt great things for God. Honor you Lord for the promise, “I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is ABLE to keep that which I have committed to Him until that day.” (2 Tim. 1:12)
7. Accepting – I praise you Lord for being so willing to be ready to receive anyone who comes to you with a sincere and believing heart. Paul wrote, “Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.” (Rom. 15:7)
8. Accessible God – I praise you Lord for being so approachable and reachable. “For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are – yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” (Heb. 4:15,16)
9. Accomplisher – I praise you God for being able to say, “I have accomplished the work you have given me to do.” (John 17:4 (quickview) ) Thank you Lord that you will do the same for me as I trust and obey you to accomplish great things through me. (Psa. 37:3-5)