Summary: Praises for the Attributes of God from Bread to Completer
51. Bread of Life – I praise you Lord for giving me the spiritual food that is necessary for life and health and growth. “Jesus declared, ‘I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.” (Jn. 6:35)
52. Bridegroom – Praise you Lord for being my bridegroom who deeply cares and loves me. “As a young man marries a maiden, so will your sons marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.” (Isa. 62:5) Thank you Lord for your intimate communications and trust.
53. Bringer of the Spirit of Repentance – I praise you Lord that you know how to convict people of their sins and cause them to repent. “Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.” (Psa 51:1,11)
54. Brings Christ Presence to Us – I praise you Lord for the Spirit who brings Christ’s presence to me every second of the day. Jesus said, “I will ask the Father and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever – the Spirit of Truth…I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.” (John 14:16-18)
55. Builder – I praise you Lord for being my constructor. “For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.” (Heb. 11:10) Thank you God for using me to build your kingdom and righteousness in increasing quality and quantity.
56. Builder of the Church – Lord, I praise you for Christ’s promise, “And I tell you that you are Peter and on this rock I will build my church and the gates of Hell will not overcome it.” (Matt. 16:18) Thank you for the assurance that you are the one causing the church to grow in quantity and quality.
57. Builder Up of the Body of Christ – I praise you Lord that you know how to build up and edify each believer. “It was He who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.” (Eph. 4:11,12)
58. Buoying Up of All Who Call Upon Him – I praise you for knowing how to bring me to the surface when I am sinking deep in sin. James wrote, “Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will lift you up.” (James 4:10)
59. Burden Bearer – I praise you Lord, my God and Savior who daily bears my burdens.” (Psa. 68:19) Thank you that I can cast all of my care upon you because you care for me.
60. Caller – I praise you Lord for calling me out of darkness into your marvelous light. “He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (2 Thes 2:13)
61. Calming God – I praise you Lord for knowing how to quiet all my fearful or angry emotions. “So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” (Matt. 10:31)
62. Capstone – I praise you for Lord being the key component upon which everything that is good is measured. “Jesus said to them, ‘Have you never read in the Scriptures: “The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes?” (Mt. 21:42)
63. Caring God – I praise you Lord for having a constant concern for everything about me. “Casting all your anxiety upon Him for He cares for you.” (I Pet. 5:7)
64. Center – I praise you Lord for being the center and source of all good things. Paul concluded with a great doxology of praise, “Oh the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God. How unsearchable his judgments and his paths beyond tracing out. Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor? Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever! Amen. “ (Rom. 11:33-36) Thank you for bringing about your great plan for the salvation of everyone through Christ.
65. Champion – I worship you Lord for being victorious over all. Thank you for the promise, “He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (I Cor. 15:57) How grateful I am Oh Lord for helping me appropriate the fact that faith is the victory that overcomes the world.” (I John 5:3-5)