Summary: Praises for the Attributes of God as one who is Wealthy to the Zealous God
627. Wealthy – I praise you Lord that you hold the riches of the world in your hand. “You created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.” (Rev. 4:11) “Everything we have comes from you O Lord.” (I Chron 29:11)
628. Willing to Be Despised and Rejected for My Sake – I praise you Lord for being willing to endure suffering for the sake of my sins. Isaiah wrote, “He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces. He was despised and we esteemed him not.” (Isa. 53:3)
629. Willing to Be Misunderstood for Our Sake – I praise you Lord for enduring misunderstanding for my sake. Isaiah wrote, “Surely He took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by Him and afflicted. But He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him and by His wounds we are healed.” (Isa. 53:4,5)
630. Wings – I praise you Lord for lifting me up on the wings of your strength. “Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.” (Psa. 63:7) “I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.” (Psa. 61:4)
631. Wisdom – I praise you God for promising to provide me with wisdom when I call on you. Thank you for the promise, “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all men generously and does not withhold and it will be given to him.’ (James 1:5) Thank you for providing me the wisdom I need in Christ. (Col. 2:3)
632. Witty – I praise you Lord for possessing such quick understanding and intelligence about people and events. “Now Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see Him, but they were not able to get near Him because of the crowd. Someone told Him, ‘Your mother and brothers are standing outside wanting to see you.’ He replied, ‘My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.’ (Lk 8:19-21)
633. Word – I praise you Lord that “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.” (John 1:1) Thank you Lord for blessing us with the Word in flesh, Jesus Christ who lives in us.
634. Word of Life – I praise you Lord for allowing me to have such free access to the word of Life. “That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched – this we proclaim concerning the Word of Life.” (I John 1:1)
635. Worshipful – I praise you Lord for being the only God I desire to worship. Moses wrote, “Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.” (Ex. 34:14) Help me to put away all idols.
636. Worthy to Be Praised Above Everyone Else – I honor you Lord for being worthy of praise at all times. “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power. For you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.” (Rev. 4:11)