Summary: Balancing the different aspects that make up our life will lead to a fulfilling lifestyle.
Balance as a Lifestyle
Ten Best Things To Say If You Get Caught Sleeping At Your Desk
10. "They told me at the blood bank this might happen."
9. "This is just a 15 minute power-nap like they raved about in that time management course you sent me to."
8. "Whew! Guess I left the top off the White-Out. You probably got here just in time!"
7. "I wasn’t sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm."
6. "I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance."
5. "I was doing a highly specific relaxation exercise to relieve work-related stress.
4. "Gee Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to our biggest problem."
3. " The coffee machine is broken..."
2. "Someone must’ve put decaf in the wrong pot..."
And the #1 best thing to say if you get caught sleeping at your desk...
1. In Jesus name, Amen!
If you find yourself running in too many directions, call a time-out!
Ecclesiastes 2:22: What does a man get for all the toil and anxious striving with which he labors under the sun?
Ecclesiastes 4:5: The fool folds his hands and ruins himself.
Balance is a fundamental element in creating a healthy lifestyle. You must learn to manage stress with balance in the 5F’s we will look at today.
Successful people have time to spend with their families, time to pursue personal goals, and time to advance their careers. This balance transcends to those we have meaningful associations with and contributes to there development of a wholesome lifestyle as well.
A balanced lifestyle enables us to not only begin well but far more importantly, to end well. God does not intend for us to be shooting starts or firework Christians.
[PSA 16:11] You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Gives purpose to everything else in life. Without our faith, all else becomes meaningless.
Developed through solitude, prayer, and study.
There was a man all alone; he had neither son nor brother. There was no end to his toil, yet his eyes were not content with his wealth. "For whom am I toiling," he asked, "and why am I depriving myself of enjoyment?" This too is meaningless--a miserable business!
Clarify and enhance your faith walk. Know what you believe, why you believe, how to walk the walk and talk the talk.
Evaluate your lifestyle and work to see if they fit comfortably with your faith.
[ECC 5:18] Then I realized that it is good and proper for a man to eat and drink, and to find satisfaction in his toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given him - for this is his lot.  Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work - this is a gift of God.
Always live on less than you take in.
Write it down, keep records, prioritize (tithe, payments, savings, groceries, recreation, misc)
Plan for the future. Eg. Of pastor who always worked for missions then got old.