Summary: Are you in need of a miracle? How hard do you need it? How desperate are you?
Today we are going to read our Bibles in Mark 10:46-52 but first I would like to tell you about a parable.
PARABLE OF THE PENCIL
The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him into the box. "There are 5 things you need to know," he told the pencil, "Before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best pencil you can be."
1. One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in someone's hand.
2. Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but you'll need it to become a better pencil.
3. Three: I will be able to correct mistakes you might make.
4. Four: The most important part of you will always be what's inside.
5. Five: On every surface you are used on, you must leave your mark. No matter what the condition, you must continue to write.
The pencil understood and promised to remember, and went into the box with purpose in its heart.
Now remember the pencil is like you. Always remember it and never forget, and you will become the best person you can be.
1. One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in God's hand. And allow other human beings to access you for the many gifts you possess.
2. Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, by going through various problems, but you'll need it to become a stronger person.
3. Three: God will be able to forgive mistakes you might make.
4. Four: The most important part of you will always be what's on the inside.
5. And Five: On every surface you walk through, you must leave your mark. No matter what the situation, you must continue to do your duties.
By understanding and remembering, let us proceed with our life on this earth having a meaningful purpose in our heart.
46 And they came to Jericho. And as he was leaving Jericho with his disciples and a great crowd, Bartimaeus, a blind beggar, the son of Timaeus, was sitting by the roadside. 47 And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, " Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" 48 And many rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he cried out all the more, " Son of David, have mercy on me!" 49 And Jesus stopped and said, " Call him." And they called the blind man, saying to him, "Take heart. Get up; he is calling you." 50 And throwing off his cloak, he sprang up and came to Jesus. 51 And Jesus said to him, " What do you want me to do for you?" And the blind man said to him, " Rabbi, let me recover my sight." 52 And Jesus said to him, "Go your way; your faith has made you well." And immediately he recovered his sight and followed him on the way.
Jesus and His followers were walking through Jericho. They were on their way to Jerusalem. Many people were traveling through to go to Jerusalem for the Feast of Passover, so it was a carnival-like atmosphere. Venders had booths set up along the roadway to try to attract business from people passing by them. They were selling and shouting to the people walking by. A man named Bartimaeus was sitting beside the roadway, begging. Bartimaeus was blind. He didn't have anything to sell; he was just calling out for mercy from those who walked by him. In that society, there was no welfare or social security; if you couldn't work and didn't have someone to take care of you, you had to beg for money or food to eat. It was a very sad situation for Bartimaeus. When he heard that Jesus was walking in front of him, he began to cry out to him, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"
1. CRY OUT TO GOD - BE BOLD!
The Bible says that as soon as he heard about Jesus he began to cry out. He began for crying out loud! He could have just wished in his heart that Jesus would touch him. He could have just asked someone to go and talk to Jesus but Bartimaeus knew that his healing depended on a close encounter between him and Jesus. Blind people don't like to be helped unless it's their last resource. He took matters into his own hands and just started to cry for Mercy louder and louder.
Are you in need of a miracle? How hard do you need it? How desperate are you?