Summary: This is for the preparation of those who believe that there is a call of God in their lives to start a church or ministry. It is made to make them see the possibilities of starting what God has call them to do.
Ministry always starts with the leading Minister [the sent one] who delivers God’s word and few new converts. That is how the ministry of our Lord Jesus Christ started, with only 12 it mushroomed into a great Organisation. For us to get the same result we can also follow the same route. When introducing the church for the first time he [Jesus] said: ‘for where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.’
NUMBER ONE THING: Form a partnership.
One important thing is that turning things around you will need a form of partnership. Almost everything in life especially where there is anticipation for great harvest there is a need for partnership. There is power in partnership see. When you win a soul you must establish a form of partnership knowing that there is potential in one soul to win a thousand. So winning one soul is winning a thousand.
Do not forget that there is more assistance you will have when you partner with your convert. He who ministers the word needs those he minister to as much as they need him. You can not turn a small group into a great ministry until you learn to trust and partner with the few you have in the beginning of your ministry.
Here are five important things you must consider in order to turn few converts into a Ministry:
1. Believe In the Few Converts the Lord Has Entrusted You With
2. Share your Vision and mission with them.
3. Impart your self to them. By this I mean, give them the best knowledge which has been imparted to you. With hold nothing.
4. Encourage them and teach them how to share their enthusiasm with others.
5. Give them responsibilities. This will make them have a sense of belonging. People have a need to belong.
NB: stomach it in your mind 89% of converts in the church are not won by Pulpit ministry but by the members of the church and members are those you have already established a form of partnership with them. This estimation shows how much the preacher needs those he preaches to and that he or she must go after partnership first with those who believed God through him.
PARTNESHIP WITH CONVERTS must have the following:
1. Delegation of responsibilities: but in this the leading minister must be sure that those who are given responsibilities are not new converts who have not matured due to the lack of enough teachings from the word.
2. Converts who belong to the ministry must know their leading minister’s responsibilities and theirs. Jesus said to His disciples all of you are brothers, only one is your Master even Christ.
3. Must know the importance of authority and honour the one who in authority.
4. Must learn to bear one another’s burdens. And care for one another.