Summary: Examing the believer’s life to be transformed; understanding that God wants to have fellowship and friendship with us.
Be transformed! (You are a friend of God)
- Every day, we are challenged with the ways of this world conflicting with God’s ways
- From the news media to prime time TV to even our friends – we have to choose
- We have to choose even who we call friend; and how that applies to our lives
- This morning, I’d like us to see some encouragement in the Word of God
- In the book of John, there is a passage that really can give you encouragement to live
- God desires to have a relationship with us, and we can be strengthened by this today
- The creator desires to commune with you
- Don’t allow your witness to be sacrificed because you didn’t go when called
- You are called to be a disciple – called to LIVE and not wait for death!
- The world needs fellowship with Jesus; are you be willing to fellowship FOR the Lord
- This fellowship came at a cost; the life of the Son of God; so what do we do in return
- Because God loved you so much, He also made it clear that He wants to be around us
- Remember that Garden of Eden; God came looking for Adam, but He already knew
- We are called to be intimate with the Lord, for Him to be that ONE we go to for all
- You are a friend of God! (Repeat with me)
- The Lord’s desire is to be your inner most friend / to transform your integrity level
- To bring you to a place that calls you to serve because it is a desire you have
- Look how Jesus refers to us … as FRIENDS!
- APP: The creator of everything we have ever known wants to be your friend!
- Think about that close friend you have; who knows everything; closer than that
- The friendship Jesus offers gives you freedom from the troubles of this world
- It brings you closer to His Father because you are becoming more like His Son
- When you have fellowship and friendship, you will have renewal
- God desires you to renew yourself; for you to follow Him in friendship
- It means that everything in you becomes focused on what He would have you do
- When there is focus and renewal in your life, we become willing to obey
- There is no delay in us, because we desire to have closeness in living for the Lord
- Fellowship, Friendship, and Renewal is the recipe for success as a believer
- From these three things, the peace of Jesus Christ centers us and flows outward
- Can we seek to have more fellowship, friendship, and renewal in our lives?