Summary: God wants us to dream big. He also wants us to look for ways to help other people achieve their dreams. We need to become dream releasers!
EXTRAORDINARY DREAMS #3:
BECOMING A DREAM RELEASER
QUOTE: “The richest spot on the face of the earth cannot be found in the diamond mines of South Africa… It is not in the oil fields of Saudi Arabia. No, the richest plot of land on this planet is in your very own neighbourhood… It’s the cemetery… The graveyard is the wealthiest place in all of creation. Beneath those rectangular pieces of sod lie countless unsung melodies and unwritten poems. The grassy plots overflow with brilliant ideas that could have transformed entire communities, rehabilitated the lost and brought hope to the weary. Our burial grounds reek with unattained successes and unrealized dreams.” (Wayne Cordeiro, Dream Releasers).
WHAT IS A DREAM? A dream is a condition or achievement that is longed for; an aspiration.
KEY TEXT: “God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or dream, according to His power that works in us.” (Ephesians 3:20).
• God has placed within our heart hopes and dreams that He wants to fulfill for us!
THE BIG IDEA: God wants us to dream big. He also wants us to look for ways to help other people achieve their dreams. We need to become dream releasers!
REVIEW JOSEPH’S STORY FROM THE LAST TWO WEEKS:
• Joseph had a dream that God was calling him to be a great leader (Gen. 37: 1-11).
• Joseph’s brothers hated him, threw him in a pit, sold him as a slave (Gen. 37: 12-36).
• As a slave, he was accused of rape and ended up in prison, (Gen. 39:1-20).
THE STORY OF JOSEPH CONTINUES:
“But the LORD was with Joseph there, too, and he granted Joseph favor with the chief jailer. Before long, the jailer put Joseph in charge of all the other prisoners and over everything that happened in the prison. The chief jailer had no more worries after that, because Joseph took care of everything. The LORD was with him, making everything run smoothly and successfully.” (Genesis 39:21-23, NLT).
1. Be faithful with what you have, and God will entrust you with more.
2. God wants us to help other people achieve their dreams.
3. Remember – God has blessed us to be a blessing.
1. BE FAITHFUL WITH WHAT YOU HAVE, AND GOD WILL ENTRUST YOU WITH MORE:
“He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much. Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous money, who will commit to your trust the true riches? And if you have not been faithful in what is another man’s, who will give you what is your own?” (Luke 16:10-12).
Look at the example of Joseph:
• When working for Potiphar, he was put in charge of his entire household (Gen. 39:1-5).
• When he was in prison, the jailer put Joseph in charge of everything (Gen. 39:20-22).
• Every step of the way, Joseph was faithful, and God kept entrusting him with more.
• When we have dreams, they don’t come to pass overnight. There is always a JOURNEY.
• PERSONAL EXAMPLE: God has entrusted me to be the lead pastor of our church. I felt the call of God to pastoral ministry shortly after I got saved 20 years ago. It was a process: Bible College, intern in youth ministry, assistant youth pastor, then youth pastor, Christian education director, young adults’ leader, and Bible College teacher. Then I founded a Master’s Commission discipleship program. All of these things were steps and stages in my training to become the lead pastor that I am today.