Summary: It is God made the church healthy, conscious, and strong so that it become unshakable church.
BECOMING A GROWING CHURCH
The Golden Gate Bridge was built with a great foundation and structure as well. So as the church and God was its builder He made possible that His church would be healthy, conscious and strong so that it would become unshakable church.
Preposition: A Healthy Church is a Growing Church.
1. GOD GAVE DIFFERENT ABILITIES TO MAKE HIS CHURCH HEALTHY (V.4)
“Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit;”
• DIFFERENT KIND OF GIFTS
• Gr. charismata, from charis meaning "grace"
• The word gift comes from the word grace.
• Spiritual gifts are abilities that enable a person to glorify God
• God gives them freely and graciously.
- Your life as a Christ follower has been graced with a special ability, a divine enablement.
- In other words, what God has assigned for you to do is to help and build up his team growing and healhty.
- You didn’t get it because you’re his special favorite. It was a gift of grace, for the enablement of HIs body as a Church. therefore, use your gifts for the Glory of God.
2. GOD DESIGNS DIFFERENT MINISTRIES TO LEAD HIS CHURCH CONSCIOUSLY (V. 5)
“and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord;”
• DIFFERENT KINDS OF SERVICE
• (Gr. diakonia; opportunities for service) that the one Lord over the church gives.
- The emphasis here roots our participation in lifting up Christ in servant-hood.
- We will notice that the Corinthians looked at spiritual gifts in a very selfish way.
- It was about a demonstration their own talents and looking down on others.
- But God wants us to serve one another, because serving others is serving God. He gave us opportunity to serve just to lead His Church consciously and alive knowing that He is worthy to be praised.
3. GOD PROVIDES POWER IN DIFFERENT ACTIVITIES TO MAKE HIS CHURCH STRONG (v.6)
“and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone.”
• DIFFERENT KINDS OF WORKING
• (Gr. energemata; manifestations of the Spirit’s power at work)
- In Greek, “energemata” which is where we get our word for energy.
- When we serve, we serve with God’s energy and power.
- In Col 1:29 Paul says, when he engages in the building up of the Body in the unique way God called him to do it he says, …to this end I labor, struggling with all of Christ’s energy, which so powerfully works in me.
- When we serve God let us use the power He provided for us in order to make His church strong and mighty
God gave different abilities freely and graciously so that His church will make healthy, conscious and strong. It could be different gifts but the same Spirit, it could be different of service but the same Lord, and it could be different activities but the same God.