Matthew 13:1-9; 18-23 1. The Divinity Of The Sower. Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
(a) The Son Of God. John 3:16 For God so loved the world.
(b) The Son Of Man Luke 19:10 The Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
The Miracle Of His Mission (Incarnation)
The Mercy Of His Mission (Humiliation)
The Meaning Of His Mission (Salvation)
2. The Dynamic Of The Seed. 4 And when he sowed,
Luke 8:11 The seed is the word of God.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
The Word Of God has the Power To -
Bring Life, Change Life, Extend Life
John 10:10 I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
1 Pet. 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever
3. The Diversity Of The Soil. 4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side. - The heart of man -vss. 19, 20.
1. THE WAYSIDE - The Hard hearted - Reject The Word
19. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
2. STONEY PLACES -The Shallow hearted - Remove The Word
vss. 20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; 21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
3. THORNS - The Half Hearted - Restrict The Word
The first soil was where seed could not get in.
The second soil was where seed could not get down.
But this is soil where the seed cannot get out.
vs. 22. He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
There are the PROBLEMS OF LIFE,
the PROSPERITIES OF LIFE;
the PLEASURES OF LIFE;
4. The Distinctives Of The Saved 8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
The good ground - 23. But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
1. THEY WERE FREED Understandeth it.
2. THEY WERE FRUITFUL Beareth fruit.
3. THEY WERE FAITHFUL Bringeth forth.