Summary: God kept on because He had promised to send a Lamb into the world to die for sin.
Pastor Allan Kircher
Shell Point Baptist Church
Dec 9th, 2012
BEHOLD THE LAMB PREPARED
Way back in the dawn of time, man violated a sacred trust and fell into sin.
• At that time, God promised man that there would come One Who would balance the scales
• Defeat evil and deliver humanity.
• For thousands of years men waited.
• And while men waited, God worked.
God worked by choosing a man named Abram from Ur of the Chaldeans.
• Through/man God raised up a nation known as Israel.
• God worked through/nation to establish His Law/His worship in the earth.
Yet, the people of Israel were constantly turning away from the Lord Who had called them and bought them.
• But, He was patient with them, and He continued to work.
• He worked in spite
of their tendency to follow false gods.
of them turning a deaf ear to His Word
to the preachers and prophets He sent to lead them.
of the fact that they really did not seem to care about Him at all.
God worked because He was completing a plan that begun before the world was ever made.
• because He was determined to send a Redeemed to this world to save the lost.
• because He was motivated by a heart of love to see His people saved.
• in spite of everything they did and in working
• His love for them overcame every obstacle they placed in His path.
God kept on because He had promised to send a Lamb into the world to die for sin.
Today, I want to talk about that part of God’s work that brought His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, into this world.
Of all the obstacles God faced in completing His plan to save lost sinners
• the most challenging
• from a human perspective
• was getting His Lamb into this world.
We have seen how God promised a Lamb;
• Today, I want to see how that Lamb was prepared.
• I want to preach on this thought
• Behold The Lamb Prepared.
• I want to take these verses and show you how God accomplished the impossible through the birth of His darling Son.
I. v. 26-28 THE PLACE RESERVED FOR THIS PREPARATION
A. It Was A Pure Place
• We are told that the angel came to “a virgin.”
• The word used refers to a female that is sexually pure.
• The virginity of Mary is affirmed twice in verse 27.
Contrary to what liberals and others may say, the word does not simply speak of a “young woman,” but it speaks of one who has never engaged in sexual intercourse.
The vessel God chose--bring His Son--world--perfectly pure vessel.
• Some might wonder why this is important.
• Important/God promised/Savior/humanity would be
• “the seed of the woman,” Gen. 3:15
This simply means/God/send/Savior into the world through the body/woman w/o the aid/human male.
• Why? Because all humans are sinners and that sinfulness is passed on through the seed of the man, Rom. 5:12.
• When Adam sinned in the garden, he became a sinner.