Summary: BEHOLD THE LAMB PRESENTED
Luke 2:21-38 BEHOLD THE LAMB PRESENTED 1. The Period Of His Presentation - 2:21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
2. The Purpose Of His Presentation - 2:22-24
a) The Circumcision Of The Child - 2:22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;
b) The Conformation To The Command (The Redemption Of The Firstborn 5 shekels)- 2:23 (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;) 24 And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons. c) The Confirmation In The Covenant (For Mary's Purification 40 days & Jesus Dedication)
3. The Promise In His Presentation - 2:25,26
a) Was To A Spirit Filled Man - 2:25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
(1) He Was Present At The Right Place - 2:25 "a man in Jerusalem"
(2) He Was Prepared By The Right Pattern - 2:25 "just and devout"
(3) He Was Praised For The Right Position - 2:25 " waiting for the consolation of Israel"
(4) He Was Possessed With The Right Power - 2:25 "Holy Spirit was upon him"
b) Was To A Spirit Fed Man - 2:26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord’s Christ.
(1) The Holy Spirit Reveals To Us - 2:26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost
(2) The Holy Spirit Reassures Us - 2:26 that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. (3) The Holy Spirit Rewards Us - before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. 4. The Priest In The Presentation - 2:27-33
a) His Prompting - 2:27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
b) His Privilege - :28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
c) His Praise - 2:29-32
(1) The Prayer - 2: 29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
(2) The Perception - 2:30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
(3) The Preparation - 2:31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
(4) The Purpose - 2:32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
(a) Grace For The Gentiles - 2:32 A light to lighten the Gentiles,
(b) Glory For Israel - 2:32 the glory of thy people Israel.
(5) The Perplexity - 2:33 And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him.
5. The Prophecies With The Presentation - 2:34,35 Simeon
a) His Message About the Messiah - 2:34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;
(1) A Message Of Heartache - 2:34 "this Child is destined for the fall of many" Matthew 21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. Matthew 21:33-46 RESPONSIBILITY GIVEN - Vs. 33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: RESULTS EXPECTED - Vs. 34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. REBELLION PRACTICED - Vs 35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. RETRIBUTION ASSURED - Vss. 40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? 41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons (2) A Message Of Hope - 2:34 "and rising again of many in Israel". 42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord’s doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? 43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.