Summary: At all times I will 1. Trust Him 2. Praise Him 3. Love him 4.Be Holy 5. Desire Him
Psalm 31:15 KJV
15 My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.
What do you carry with you at all times?
What do you have in your car at all times?
What do you come to church with at all times?
Be prepared for emergencies
• Locate a safe room or the safest areas in your home for each hurricane hazard. In certain circumstances the safest areas may not be your home but within your community.
• Post emergency telephone numbers by your phones and make sure your children know how and when to call 911.
• Stock non-perishable emergency supplies and a Disaster Supply Kit. Enough food & water for 3 days
• Use a NOAA weather radio. Remember to replace its battery every 6 months, as you do with your smoke detectors.
America has to be on guard at all times
Be Prepared at all times
Vigilant - carefully observant or attentive
1. Trust. "Trust in Him at all times" (Psa. 62.8).
- A visit to the eye doctor
- There is a need for correct focus
- Focused on the trials and difficulties of life
- We lose our focus on Christ.
- Peter walked on the water with Jesus he was doing well until he took his eyes off of Jesus and looked at the waves.
- Christ can get us through the most impossible situations
2. Praise. "I will bless the Lord at all times" (Psa. 34.1)
- He is worthy to be praised - Ps 18:3, Rev. 5:11
He is sovereign, & omnipotent
Because it lightens loads
Reduces guilt, complaints, stress, uncertainty
Defeats the enemy
3. Love. "A friend loveth at all times" (Prov. 17.17).
- It is a response to God loving us - 1 Jn 4:7-11
- Love Reflects Christ - Jn13:34-35 a new command I give ....
... by this all men will know
- Love is an evidence of Christianity - 1 Jn 4:8, 21
4. Holiness "Blessed. ..is he that doeth righteousness at all times" (Ps. 106:3).
- Holiness is the habit of being of one mind with God
- To have fellowship with God we must be holy - Ps 15, 24
- To be fully satisfied - Mt 5:6
5. Desire. "My soul breaketh for the longing that it hath unto Thy judgments at all times" (Psa. 119:20).
The Word of God is profitable because:
- We are born of the Word-- 1 Peter 1:23.
- We grow by the Word-- 1 Peter 2:2.
- We are cleansed by the Word-- John 15:3
- We are protected by the Word-- Eph. 6:17.
- We are edified by the Word-- Acts 20:32.
- We are converted by the Word-- Psa. 19:11.
- We are satisfied by the Word-- Psa. 119:103.
It is profitable as:
--A mirror to behold and reflect-- James 1:22-25; 2 Cor.3:18.
--A sword to fight with and to divide-- Eph. 6:17; Heb. 4:12.
--A lamp to guide and direct-- Psa. 119:105.
--Bread to strengthen and nourish-- John 6.
--Milk for growth and development--1 Peter 2:2.
--Seed for regeneration and fruitfulness-- 1 Peter 1:23.