Summary: An invitation to expect greater things from God.
- This passage can be taken in at least two ways. One is the proximate interpretation, which involves the return of Israel to their land. A second also concerns Israel’s return to their land, but in a longer timeframe. A third is that the promises here for Israel believing the great promises of God can also be applied spiritually to the church today.
- Because I’ve already done a few sermons in this series staying with the Israeli connection, I have decided to look at this chapter and how its promises apply to the church today.
BELIEVING THE GREAT PROMISES OF GOD:
- [There are a lot of good details within the various verses to drill down on.]
1. You’ve been invited to ask for blessings.
2. Don’t settle for what’s commonly preached.
3. Focus on Christ.
4. Overwhelming odds don’t ensure loss.
5. Even when God’s people have compromised, God is willing to restore them.
6. This will happen even though God’s people struggle now.