Summary: This lesson discusses a false claim made by an evolutionist and then we discuss some true claims about creation originating with God and only taking six literal days.
1. Open your bible please to 1 Corinthians 3:18-21.
2. Is your great, great, great grandfather an ape or maybe a gorilla?
3. In this lesson we will discuss a false claim by an evolutionist and then we will discuss some true claims about creation originating with God.
I. FIRST, WE WILL DISCUSS A CLAIM MADE BY AN EVOLUTIONIST ABOUT A HALF APE AND A HALF MAN THAT TURNED OUT TO BE COMPLETELY FALSE!
1. Question: are you aware of the fact that so called “experts from the field of science” were tricked for 40 years!
(1) In 1912, Arthur Woodward announced to the world that he had found the missing link between ape and man.
1) Do you remember the name he gave this missing link man? Piltdown Man, as he called it, consisted of a jaw bone and a piece of skull which he estimated to be over 500,000 years old!
2) However, in 1953, when the new fluoride dating process was applied to the bones, scientists were shocked to learn that the jaw bone was less than 50 years old.
3) Only then did they notice that the bones and teeth had been treated with salts and filed to make them appear old and primitive.
4) In other words, Piltdown Man was a complete fraud. Bible students need to use this to confront every person that says that they believe in the theories of evolution.
(2) Do you consider it amazing that the world's foremost scientific experts were fooled for over 40 years?
2. Turn to 1 Corinthians 3:18-20. This passage teaches that the foolishness of God is wiser than man. Let’s read 1 Cor. 3:18-20, “18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”; 20 and again, “The LORD knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.” 21 Therefore let no one boast in men. For all things are yours:”
(1) Do you realize that for almost a half century (for 40 years) , evolutionists pushed the Piltdown Man in the faces of Bible believers as scientific proof that man evolved from apes?
(2) Doesn’t it seem that scientist that would be fooled by the Piltdown Man should be ashamed of their claims about evolution?
(3) In spite of over hundreds of years of intensive searching, the only place you will find a missing link today is in the colorful imagination of an evolutionist.
(4) Is there any museum anywhere that contains a truthful missing link? Is there any museum that has a half ape and a half man that you can look at? Definitely not!
3. Turn to 1 Thessalonians 2:13. The things that we have been pointing out about everything reproducing after it’s kind
and the fact that the Piltdown Man was found out to be a lie and a false claim
give evidence that the bible is the word of God and that the bible is what we need to believe about the origin of man.
(1) There will always be men who scoff at the Bible. You, however, can be confident when you read your Bible that God is the author.
(2) You can be confident that what the bible says about the six days of creation is true.
(2) Let’s read 1 Thessalonians 2:13, " For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.”
II. SECOND, TURN TO GENESIS 1:5. FROM HERE WE WILL DISCUSS A FEW Biblical Arguments for CREATION HAPPENING IN SIX Literal Days
1. These are powerful arguments which absolutely force the knowledgeable Bible student to the position that the days of the creation week were ordinary 24 hour days.
2. A general rule of Bible interpretation demands that words be viewed literally unless there is a compelling reason for giving them a figurative sense.
(1) The term “day” is used in Genesis 1 both of a twenty-four hour period (v. 5, 8, 13, etc.) and of the “daylight ” portion of that span of 24 hours (v. 5).
(2) Let’s read vs. 5,8&13, “5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day. 13 So the evening and the morning were the third day.”