Summary: Ever want more of God? Are you that hungry for Him to upsize your faith?
Biggie Sizing your Walk with God
Wanting more of God
You know how it is when you go through the fast-food chain and the lady at the counter says, Do you want to Biggie-Size your french-fries? What does that mean? It means you want more. Normally after eating it, don’t you feel full?
I am suggesting to you today that you Biggie-Size your prayers, your walk, your attitude, your hunger, your desire to serve. your praise and worship, YOUR EVERYTHING.
LET’S LOOK AT SOME AREAS WE CAN BIGGIE SIZE THIS WALK
1.) We can ASK – SEEK - KNOCK
• Luke 11:9-10 "And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for. Keep on looking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened. (10) For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And the door is opened to everyone who knocks.
• Ask - seek - knock - These three words include the ideas of want, loss, and earnestness.
o Ask: turn, beggar at, the door of mercy; you are poor of all spiritual good, and it is God alone who can give it to you; and you have no claim but what his mercy has given you itself.
Ask with confidence and humility.
o Seek: You have lost God - Look about you - leave no stone unturned there is no peace, no final salvation for you until thou get your soul restored to the favor and image of God.
Seek with care and application.
o Knock: Be intense - be persistent: Eternity is at hand! and, if you die in your sins, where God is you will never be.
Knock with earnestness and perseverance.
• Why don’t you have it yet?
• James 4:2b-3 and yet the reason you don’t have what you want is that you don’t ask God for it. (3) And even when you do ask, you don’t get it because your whole motive is wrong-you want only what will give you pleasure.
• Psalms 42:1-2 NLT As the deer pants for streams of water, so I long for you, O God. (2) I thirst for God, the living God. When can I come and stand before him?
o By these comparisons of the thirst and panting, he shows his fervent desire to serve God in his temple
• Psalms 63:1 NLT O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water.
o Early - Heb. in the morning, which implies the doing it with diligence and speed.
o Thirsts - For the enjoyment of Your in the house and ordinances.
o Flesh - The desire of my soul is so intense, that my very body feels the effects of it.
o No water - In a land where I want the refreshing waters of the sanctuary.
• Psalms 105:3-4 NLT Exult in his holy name; O worshipers of the LORD, rejoice! (4) Search for the LORD and for his strength, and keep on searching.
o Seek the Lord - Worship the one only Supreme Being, as the only and all-sufficient good for the soul of man.
o And his strength - Man is weak; and needs connection with the strong God that he may be enabled to avoid evil and do good.
o Seek his face - Reconciliation to him. Live not without a sense of his favor.
o Evermore - Let this be thy chief business. In and above all thy seeking, seek this.