Summary: Living our lives worthy of the gospel ought to make sinners uncomfortable.
“Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”
(Matthew 5:10-12, NIV)
Persecute = _______________________
Intro: Do we really know what persecution is?
Illustrations: Voice of the Martyr stories – Video
1. Provoking Persecution
- Living our lives worthy of the gospel ought to make sinners uncomfortable.
- Expect the best, but be prepared for the worst.
2. Placed in the presence of Greatness
- God is pleased and all of heaven applauds when we stand strong in the face of persecution.
- Being persecuted puts us in the presence of greatness.
i. Illustration: Kevin Garnet or Labron James being compared to Michael Jordan
3. Prelude to a Party
- The reward is greater than the cost (principle of investment) – souls saved
- Heaven: Who said you can’t have your cake and eat it too?
i. Abundant Life on Earth
ii. Eternal Life in Heaven with Jesus